Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Level 3: Gumshoe
0 Kudos

Slow / non-existant iOS downloads (Apple App Store and Apple Music) across all Telstra networks?

The Telstra network is not delivering all packets of data related to Apple services, including but not limited to the Apple App Store downloads and updates, and Apple Music downloads and streaming. The outage is across both my mobile 4G network and also my home ADSL2+ network. The issue does not occur when using Optus WiFi networks or when using Telstra networks through VPN services. This issue is not specific to myself and is happening to multiple customers, as seen on twitter and whirlpool forums here: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2453910

Level 2: Rookie

Re: Slow / non-existant iOS downloads (Apple App Store and Apple Music) across all Telstra networks?

I've got the same issue.. I can confirm this is happening to multiple people due to the tweets, and facebook mentions also whirlpool posts I've come across. 

I've tried to download apps via 4G and it takes ages, same deal with my Cable at home. I checked my WiFi at work and downloads screamed along no worries. Really unsure what's going on.. All I got really as an official statement from a tweet that it is being investigated, then told that it's resolved. 

Support Team

Re: Slow / non-existant iOS downloads (Apple App Store and Apple Music) across all Telstra networks?

DaveKudrev,

This is being looked into. We will share more when we understand the situation better 

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

0 Kudos

Thanks Angela, that's great to know! Smiley Happy
0 Kudos

Thanks Angela. This issue has been ongoing for 4 days now. 

As you can see, there are quite a few affected customers here, on Twitter, and on the Whirlpool forums.

I look forward to Telstra's official response on the matter. 

Untitled-1.jpg

Level 1: Cadet
0 Kudos

Hi Angela, it would be most helpful if information on the estimated time to have this problem fixed can be provided ASAP.  Given it has been an issue for the last few days to lots of people and widely reported to Telstra, it must be known. This will then allow people to make other arrangements if needed.

For example, I just sat down to do my Mac OSX update, and it is telling me it will take over 18 hours for the 6gb update to download.  Then I need to do my iPhone and iPad updates, which will take another 8 hours if I do the full iTunes downloads.  

Using Telstra cable, my internet speed on non Apple downloads is fine. I don't mind paying Telstra rates, providing we get the service to match. 

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Telstra (Retired)
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback Tiderock, the issue is known to us and our IT team are looking at a fix for everyone who has been effected. We will reach out via this medium once resolved or you can keep an eye out on the forums. 

Sorry for the issues it has caused. 

Thanks. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

0 Kudos

I hope this could shed some light with the technical team nutting out what's going on, here's a summary someone has done of what's going on with this issue

http://technicalnotebook.com/tips-and-tricks/slow-downloads-from-apple-on-telstra-mobile-and-broadba...

Hope it helps for a positive outcome! Smiley Happy 

Support Team

Thanks Davidkudrev, I'll pass it along.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Morning all! I came across this interesting article from Macrumors which mentions that the US carrier AT&T are having a similar issue: http://www.macrumors.com/2015/10/01/att-iphone-users-unable-to-download-apps/ 

As a matter of fact, I asked a mate who works in IT Security who reckons that it could be an issue from the Akamai CDN services which many carriers/ISPs would use. 

0 Kudos

Seems okay now? Just tried to stream Beats1 on Apple Music with no interruption for 5 minutes now, downloaded an app on the iPhone via WiFi and went through quick enough, tried via 4G and same again. ETA roughly for El Capitan is 20 minutes or so. I think it's fixed at my end! Smiley Very Happy

Thank you Telstra for fixing the issue! 

Support Team
0 Kudos

That's fantastic to hear Dave, 

We will continue to monitor this issue to ensure that everything remains stable. Please let us know if you encounter any further issues so we can escalate. 

Have a great weekend Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am still having this issue.

Apps are loading much faster now, but Apple Music still has a good 5 second load time between songs while Spotify loads songs instantly.