CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Betsy17
Level 1: Cadet

Struggling to set up bigpond email on IPhone X

Answered
Can anyone help me set up my email on iPhone X - I can receive but not send emails. It’s frustrating me !
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Struggling to set up bigpond email on IPhone X

Have you set up the account with the following settings as per link below. To check settings go to Settings > Passwords and Accounts > Accounts > Bigpond > name@bigpond.com

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

If using IMAP use these settings

Incoming server details:

• Incoming server address: imap.telstra.com
  • Incoming server port: 993
  • Encrypted connection: SSL

Outgoing server details:

• Outgoing server address: smtp.telstra.com
  • Outgoing server port: 465 (recommended) or 587
  • SMTP authentication: On
  • Encrypted connection: SSL/TLS on port 465 (recommended) or STARTTLS on port 587

Username & Password:

• User name: Your Telstra email address - ending in ‘@bigpond.com’, ‘@bigpond.net.au’ or ‘@telstra.com’
  • Password: Your Telstra email account password - REMEMBER it’s case sensitive.

Other settings to check:

• Make sure ‘Outgoing server requires authentication’ is ticked.

Setting_Mail-Contacts_Calenders_Add_Account_Other_Add_Mail_Account_IMAP.jpgSetting_Mail-Contacts_Calenders_Account_IMAP_SMTP_smtp_Settings.jpgSetting_Mail-Contacts_Calenders_Account_IMAP_SMTP_smtp_Settings.jpg

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Struggling to set up bigpond email on IPhone X

Have you set up the account with the following settings as per link below. To check settings go to Settings > Passwords and Accounts > Accounts > Bigpond > name@bigpond.com

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

If using IMAP use these settings

Incoming server details:

• Incoming server address: imap.telstra.com
  • Incoming server port: 993
  • Encrypted connection: SSL

Outgoing server details:

• Outgoing server address: smtp.telstra.com
  • Outgoing server port: 465 (recommended) or 587
  • SMTP authentication: On
  • Encrypted connection: SSL/TLS on port 465 (recommended) or STARTTLS on port 587

Username & Password:

• User name: Your Telstra email address - ending in ‘@bigpond.com’, ‘@bigpond.net.au’ or ‘@telstra.com’
  • Password: Your Telstra email account password - REMEMBER it’s case sensitive.

Other settings to check:

• Make sure ‘Outgoing server requires authentication’ is ticked.

Setting_Mail-Contacts_Calenders_Add_Account_Other_Add_Mail_Account_IMAP.jpgSetting_Mail-Contacts_Calenders_Account_IMAP_SMTP_smtp_Settings.jpgSetting_Mail-Contacts_Calenders_Account_IMAP_SMTP_smtp_Settings.jpg

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now