I want to unlock my iphone. Can any one guide me how to unlock Telstra iphone

Moderator: Post renamed to better reflect the content

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Unlock iPhone

You can now unlock your iphones using our new online iPhone unlocking tool for personal customers. Simply go to telstra.com/unlock and follow the prompts.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 22: Superhuman

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=unlock&location=forum-board%3A...

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

You can now unlock your iphones using our new online iPhone unlocking tool for personal customers. Simply go to telstra.com/unlock and follow the prompts.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Yannick

There's two parts to successfully unlocking your iPhone;

Part 1: Request the unlock from telstra.com/unlock if you are a personal Telstra customer on a plan. Pre-Paid customers should call 125 8887 and business customers should call 132 000.

Be aware that it may take Apple up to 72 hours to complete your unlock request.

Part 2: After 72 hours follow the Apple unlock instructions (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5014) using your iTunes account to complete the unlock process.

You will need an active internet connection, a USB to connect the iPhone to a computer, the latest version of iTunes, and the Apple unlock link above. If you need further iTunes support you can contact the Apple support team.

See more information about the unlock process here: Unlock your Apple iPhone from Telstra - Post Paid Customers

Please note:

- Online unlocking is only available to customers on a personal Telstra plan whose account has been active for at least 4 months, and has  with no outstanding bills.

- If less than 4 months, customers should submit an unlock request after this time has elapsed.

- The iPhone must have been purchased from Telstra.

carollee
Level 1: Cadet

Is there a reasoning for the 4 months wait?  

If we're on a plan, we're on a plan for 2 years, yes?  You have us for that long, so why do we have to wait for 4 months from purchase/starting our iphone plan to get it unlocked?   I'm about to go overseas and want to use an American SIM, and I'll scrape this 4 month in by about 10 days, but I really would like to be able to get this sorted out now, so I know I have it ready for when I leave.

Is this an Apple restriction, or a Telstra restriction?  Just wondering.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi dorasherley.

Details are provided above Smiley Happy 

Ivan

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more