CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
oldmate83
Level 1: Cadet

Unlocking Iphone 5

Answered

Hey Guys,

I am very interseted in unlocking infomation for the iPhone 5 however i can't seem to find it anywhere. Any idea what the official procedure will be as i do a lot of OS travel and have sim cards work makes me use over their.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 18: Intelligence Chief
Accepted Solution

Re: Unlocking Iphone 5

Hi oldmate83

The good news it that it's free Smiley Happy 

Here is the article on how to do it: http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2012/05/03/how-to-use-your-iphone-overseas/

- C

If you've found a  then don't forget to mark that post accordingly

Kudos  Recognise someone for their help by clicking this button on their post

Stick around great things are happening in Moderator

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 18: Intelligence Chief
Accepted Solution

Hi oldmate83

The good news it that it's free Smiley Happy 

Here is the article on how to do it: http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2012/05/03/how-to-use-your-iphone-overseas/

- C

If you've found a  then don't forget to mark that post accordingly

Kudos  Recognise someone for their help by clicking this button on their post

Stick around great things are happening in Moderator

fanglei2487

teller123

@oldmate83 wrote:

Hey Guys,

I am very interseted in unlocking infomation for the iPhone 5 however i can't seem to find it anywhere. Any idea what the official procedure will be as i do a lot of OS travel and have sim cards work makes me use over their.

Unlocking your Iphone 5 can be done either by contacting the service provider or making use of online service. Online services are recommended as you can unlock your phone from anywhere in the world. I have unlocked my phone with the help of Simpleunlocking.com where you need to provide your country and network that your phone is locked to....They provide you with remote unlocking service and free instructions...

After unlocking your phone you can make use of any GSM sim cards as you travel to many countries...

waata

hey ive brought a iphone5 off a friend and i deleted all his stuff on there and now ive reset it and for some reason when i try to activate the sim card it tells me that the phone is currently link to another apple id.... it will be his old one but he left australia and now i cant unlock it how do i fix this???

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now