CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
kris_diane25
Level 1: Cadet

Why Unlocked Iphone 6 can't use In philippine number?

Answered
I've checked my iphone 6 and it says it's unlocked already..ive tried to put vodafon in my phone and it has a signal,btw im a telstra user..but when i was in philippines i can't use my iphone..ive tried to insert my philippine number in philippines and 'SOS only' appears on my phone..just want to ask why it is like that?how can i use my phone if im in philippines?pls help me..thanks
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Why Unlocked Iphone 6 can't use In philippine number?

Looking at the freqencies which they use in the Phillippines, looks like if you are trying to use a Sun Cellular network you might only have limited connection, however based on both Smart and Globe you should be able to get frequencies compatible with the iPhone 6... Apple even list both carriers as being supported by the Global LTE chip in the phone... 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Accepted Solution

Ok, with Globe you should be fine, unless you are in an area which doesn't have LTE, or one of their non-iPhone supported 3G frequencies (although they only had one which wasn't supported)... The iPhone 6 haven't been locked by Telstra, so it is strange... It wouldn't be an unlock issue anyway if the Voda SIM got reception because that wouldn't work if it was SIM locked... If Globe have a store you can visit I would suggest that, as it might be an issue with the SIM itself or something in their carrier settings which needs to be manually updated.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

Looking at the freqencies which they use in the Phillippines, looks like if you are trying to use a Sun Cellular network you might only have limited connection, however based on both Smart and Globe you should be able to get frequencies compatible with the iPhone 6... Apple even list both carriers as being supported by the Global LTE chip in the phone... 

Helpful Links

kris_diane25

I was using Globe there in philippines still it says SOS only..I unlocked this in telstra.unlock and then i was not able to sync my phone in itunes,does it has something to do with it that's why i can't use it?after 3days i sync it in itunes but there's nothing popped up about the unlock but when i checked it in telstra it says unlocked already im quiet confused..Just now i updated the new ios hoping it will be ok..
Accepted Solution

Ok, with Globe you should be fine, unless you are in an area which doesn't have LTE, or one of their non-iPhone supported 3G frequencies (although they only had one which wasn't supported)... The iPhone 6 haven't been locked by Telstra, so it is strange... It wouldn't be an unlock issue anyway if the Voda SIM got reception because that wouldn't work if it was SIM locked... If Globe have a store you can visit I would suggest that, as it might be an issue with the SIM itself or something in their carrier settings which needs to be manually updated.
Helpful Links

kris_diane25

Ok,thank you so much for the information..Thanks

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now