TrippyTurtaL
Level 3: Gumshoe

Xs Max Pre-order updates

Just looking for updates with how the preorders went as haven’t received my confirmation email as yet. Only a reference ##
If this post was helpful leave a like.
If this post was a solution leave a tick.

Thanks ✌️

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES
ProfessorPhone
Level 11: Detective

Re: Xs Max Pre-order updates

You can contact the place where you placed the order to check that all is ok. You can also use Telstra Chat
Thanks
If my advice has helped you, I would be most appreciative if you can click on the "Like" button. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Highlighted
TrippyTurtaL

Thanks but mine was online so I will use chat.... just created this convo as I know how congested Telstra preorders get on launch

Thanks ✌️
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi TrippyTurtaL, 

When you place a pre-order you get an email to say we have received your pre-order request and give you the reference number you mentioned. Then you will get a confirmation email once the order has been approved and landed against your account. 

You can read more about this process here https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/iPhone-Pre-Order-FAQs/ta-p/546950

If you are wanting to confirm your order you can do so via live chat https://www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing (as ProfessorPhone mentioned) or call 132200 and we can check on this for you.  

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TrippyTurtaL

Haven’t received any emails from Telstra regarding my preorder request or preorder. Did get a ref number only after the preorder process via the webpage (not emailed) going on 72hrs now when only advised 24-48 on site and in chat

Thanks ✌️
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks TrippyTurtaL.

Please get in contact with us via live chat https://www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing or call 132200 and we can check on this for you as I cannot access your order details via CrowdSupport. 

If your pre-order has been placed and there are no issues, they will be able to check in this for you and provide further details. However if you have not received any correspondence saying that there is a problem with your pre-order, everything should be going through without an issue and you will receive your confirmation email shortly. 

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TrippyTurtaL

Cheers Tom

Thanks ✌️
TelstraProfile
Level 2: Rookie

Unless you never receive a pre order confirmation email at all, like all of us: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Apple-iPhone/iPhone-XS-Pre-Order-Confirmation-Email/m-p/77948...

Then have to spend hours talking to different level chat reps, only to find out the order was processed wrong by Telstras pre ordering system, and hasnt ordered you a phone at all.

TrippyTurtaL

Hey mate sorry to hear that.

Update from original post I did receive my StarTrack tracking number so just appears that the backlog of preorder confirmations are taking awhile... found if the order lands with Telstra, they still are processing them. Heard Apple doesn’t let their telcos know how many devices they’ll get either. Glad to be with the biggest one.

Thanks ✌️

iPhone 8 (PRODUCT)RED and iPhone 8 Plus (PRODUCT)RED

Available Now to Order.

Find out more