Highlighted
stellaginger
Level 1: Cadet

blocking phone numbers

Answered

Can I block certain phone numbers from contacting me, on my iphone or do I have to contact telstra itself to do it for me. i have about 5 numbers i do not want to be able to have contact to my phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: blocking phone numbers

Hey Stella,
New to the iphone world?

Just go into the phone app. Touch either Recent or Contacts. If recent press the i on the RHS scroll to the bottom and touch block and follow prompt. From Contacts, touch a name, scroll to bottom ect ect.

Cheers,
Dave

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hey Stella,
New to the iphone world?

Just go into the phone app. Touch either Recent or Contacts. If recent press the i on the RHS scroll to the bottom and touch block and follow prompt. From Contacts, touch a name, scroll to bottom ect ect.

Cheers,
Dave

Stac1

My iphone5 doesnt have an i button?

tim1954
Level 13: Super Sleuth

My partner inadvertently blocked her own daughter recently. Took us ages to work out why her messages weren't getting through! Chuckle!
koolnumber

Re:Screening or allowing phone numbers

I entered my phone number into the allowed number and it said invalid. Can you explain why?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Re:Screening or allowing phone numbers

Hi koolnumber

Are you trying to "allow" the number of the device that you're using at the moment. 
If so that's the problem  - as it's designed for allowing other numbers to call you - rather than allowing you to call yourself.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now