Highlighted
Pip
Level 1: Cadet

iPhone 4 - pre-paid?

Answered

Can anyone tell me if pre-paid micro-sims are available for iPhone4 and where I could get one from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 17: Bureau Chief
Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone 4 - pre-paid?

@Pip wrote:

Can anyone tell me if pre-paid micro-sims are available for iPhone4 and where I could get one from?

You should be able to get a Pre-Paid mirco sim in a Telstra store. Or get a normal pre-paid sim and see someone in a Telstra store to do a "sim swap" or "port" to the micro sim.

Or, if you're feeling adventurous you could cut a normal sim (not recommended). http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/apple/how-to-make-your-own-ipad-or-iphone-4-micro-sim-681020

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES
Level 17: Bureau Chief
Accepted Solution

@Pip wrote:

You should be able to get a Pre-Paid mirco sim in a Telstra store. Or get a normal pre-paid sim and see someone in a Telstra store to do a "sim swap" or "port" to the micro sim.

Or, if you're feeling adventurous you could cut a normal sim (not recommended). http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/apple/how-to-make-your-own-ipad-or-iphone-4-micro-sim-681020

CJNET
Level 6: Bloodhound

Just as confirmation from someone who's done it...  just walk into a T|life or Telstra Shop, tell them you have an iPhone 4 and you want a SIM replacement so you can use your Telstra Prepaid service with the iPhone. Make sure you take both your current phone and the iPhone 4, because the SIM swap to a Micro SIM usually takes only a few minutes.

For the record, 'porting' is the term used when you take your number from one carrier to another, not when you change from a SIM to Micro SIM or visa versa.

CORY [CJNET]
Lewdannie

OK...I have $2 Sim I got on-line.

I need to port my number from another carrier and swap to a micro SIM.

What should I do first...port (and get the $30 credit)  or swap the sim??

Liammmm

Hi 

if i get telstra to swap my pre-paid sim into a micro sim , will i still be able to keep my number .Even more importantly , can i still buy the same recharges and get the same value from them (eg right now i purchase 40 dollars worth each month and get 1.5 gb's of data , will i get this much if i buy a 40 dollar recharge on a  a micro sim?)

beetle84
Level 15: Special Agent

Yes

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more