Highlighted
simomikko
Level 1: Cadet

iPhone 5: All incoming calls show as Unknown. Texts show IDs, but not calls.

Answered

All my incoming calls come up as Unknown. This includes those on my address book and my friends don't have privacy settings on. Text messages are fine as they show numbers, it is only phone calls. I have an iPhone 5. Called Telstra , no help there. In fact, they made me feel like I was doing something wrong. Telstra stores have been better but can not solve the issue. I have even been to the Apple Store in my city. They told me to contact Telstra and that it is a provider issue.

I rely on my phone and would like the ability to vet my calls and answer those that are urgent. I would also like to see who has called if my phone is on silent.

I need this issue resolved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ghosteye
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone 5: All incoming calls show as Unknown. Texts show IDs, but not calls.

Check if you have icloud turned on. If it is ensure you don't have any other iOS device logged into iCloud that are running lower than iOS 6.0.2.

Had this problem a few times with my 5 after upgrading from a 4s that I have now given to my wife.

Also just try turning off all contact syncs i.e. iCloud and check your e-mail accounts.

Keep in mind that if you turn off cantact sync sources you may lose contacts that will only appear again if you have that sync sourch switched on.

You could also try a simple hard re-set by holding the sleep wake button and home button until the device re-starts and boots back to the apple logo, then let go.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Re: iPhone 5: All incoming calls show as Unknown. Texts show IDs, but not calls.

@simomikko wrote:

I need this issue resolved.

Hi Simomikko,

It definitely isn't an issue with the Phone itself and is carrier related. Hopefully someone on here can get in contact with one of the Mobiles guys and help you out with this one.

Good luck.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi simomikko,

It's certainly not good to hear the feature isn't working to provide you the number of incoming callers. We can certainly follow this up for you. I'll need to capture some of your details for investigation.

I'll send you a private message with a form to complete to obtain some details and we'll be in touch Smiley Happy

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ghosteye
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Check if you have icloud turned on. If it is ensure you don't have any other iOS device logged into iCloud that are running lower than iOS 6.0.2.

Had this problem a few times with my 5 after upgrading from a 4s that I have now given to my wife.

Also just try turning off all contact syncs i.e. iCloud and check your e-mail accounts.

Keep in mind that if you turn off cantact sync sources you may lose contacts that will only appear again if you have that sync sourch switched on.

You could also try a simple hard re-set by holding the sleep wake button and home button until the device re-starts and boots back to the apple logo, then let go.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now