Highlighted
Niamhkieran
Level 1: Cadet

iPhone XS Max dual sim

Answered

I've currently got a personal Telstra sim in my Apple iPhone XS Max and a work Telstra sim in another phone.

When will the dual / eSim function become available on Telstra and my Apple iPhone so I don't have to carry two mobile phones with me at all times?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone XS Max dual sim

There has been no announcement of support of the Apple eSIM in the new iPhones from any of the Australian network providers, Voda and Optus had said straight out no, Telstra had said they were looking into it but we’re waiting for increased demand... as a side note last I saw voda had changed their tone to be considering it.

Until it is announced you will be unlikely to have any sort of ETA or anything.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

There has been no announcement of support of the Apple eSIM in the new iPhones from any of the Australian network providers, Voda and Optus had said straight out no, Telstra had said they were looking into it but we’re waiting for increased demand... as a side note last I saw voda had changed their tone to be considering it.

Until it is announced you will be unlikely to have any sort of ETA or anything.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 22: Superhuman

If you can't get a dual SIM operation for your iPhone, Samsung Experience Stores and the Samsung website sell non-network generic phones for many models, which are dual SIM.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Download now