Highlighted
nd4383
Level 2: Rookie

iPhone XS eSIM support

I currently carry around a work phone (iPhone Xs) and a personal phone iPhone X. Both are on the Telstra network. My work device has limited allowances for calls and data and my personal sim has just the right amount. I’d like to carry just the one device. Is there any news on when Telstra might allow me to have the option to ditch my iPhone X and just use the iPhone XS with an eSIM for my personal number?

Please make my life a little easier Smiley Happy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: iPhone XS eSIM support

No. There is no news available.

Your only option at the moment would be to ditch the iPhones and get a dual-SIM Android phone.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman

You can buy a dual sim Samsung phone direct from Samsung. You can't buy a similar model phone from a network store as they discourage dual sim phones.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
cmRS
Level 2: Rookie

Will be interesting to see if Telstra supports it now Optus does.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/eSIM-what-you-need-to-know?requestType=NormalRequest&id...

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more