CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
nd4383
Level 3: Gumshoe

iPhone XS eSIM support

I currently carry around a work phone (iPhone Xs) and a personal phone iPhone X. Both are on the Telstra network. My work device has limited allowances for calls and data and my personal sim has just the right amount. I’d like to carry just the one device. Is there any news on when Telstra might allow me to have the option to ditch my iPhone X and just use the iPhone XS with an eSIM for my personal number?

Please make my life a little easier Smiley Happy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: iPhone XS eSIM support

No. There is no news available.

Your only option at the moment would be to ditch the iPhones and get a dual-SIM Android phone.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman

You can buy a dual sim Samsung phone direct from Samsung. You can't buy a similar model phone from a network store as they discourage dual sim phones.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
cmRS
Level 2: Rookie

Will be interesting to see if Telstra supports it now Optus does.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/eSIM-what-you-need-to-know?requestType=NormalRequest&id...

Cjsims3000
Level 1: Cadet

I would just like to see this happen. Look at all of the extra revenue that they would make if they did this.
Level 22: Superhuman

My understanding is that they don't want to have dual sims so they won't have to discount the 2nd sim service.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Cjsims3000

Initially eSIMs in smartphones are likely to be relevant in markets where different network capabilities encourage people to use multiple providers.

In the Australian market, eSIM will grow in importance as the device vendors start to offer the technology as standard and the carriers uniformly support the technology in their systems, making it easier to activate new services and introducing fully on line activation options when the situation allows.

We will introduce eSIM support for smartphones in the future as customer demand builds. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Dan976

So Optus now offer this... my phone is on a plan until September... so unless Telstra offer this by then bye bye
ELricko

Im a customer who would like eSIM for my iPhone. Optus is now offering eSIM. Telstra you'll be losing customers to Optus if you don't offer eSIM. One of them will be me going to Optus when my contract finishes. Smiley Sad
kiwiholden

The only option is leave Telstra for two cheaper providers. Vote with your dollar or Telstra will never change.
Graeme_Chris
Level 4: Private Eye

They haven’t worked out a way to rip us a new one yet!!!! They are really dragging the chain on this.
JAT58

I fully agree. Telstra get with the program!!!
You will lose customers by not providing esim products. I have been waiting for you to come to the party for over 6 months since I got a new iPhone 10 for exactly the same reasons noted above. OPTUS is looking good if you don’t do anything I will be changing carriers.
JAT58

Yes they will start losing loyal customers like me.
frownface
Level 3: Gumshoe

@JAT58 wrote:
Yes they will start losing loyal customers like me.

I gave up waiting and moved to optus when the new telstra plans released last month.

Threatening to leave doesn't achieve anything, just leave. Once the telstra execs start seeing it hit their bottom line, they might do something.

Skotb

Optus does not support it. They only sell it and claim to support it. I’ve been through it

Yarah_Dahile

Had a Chat with someone from JB Hifi yesterday- looks like eSim for Xs and Xr is being released today. Will go down a lunch time and confirm. =)

I'll let you all know the results =)

Yarah_Dahile

Seems like only the training for them was released today, the local JB is awaiting the QR codes (why cant they just print them?? *shrugs sholders).  20th is the date i got as well as this person from this thread:

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Apple-iPhone/iPhone-XS-eSIM/td-p/780530

So yay!! =)

Skotb

who's esim is it? I hope you have a better experience. We are shifting soon so it doesnt have to be telstra. thanks, keep me posted

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now