CrowdSupport®

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
williams3112
Level 2: Rookie

Re: iPhone XS eSIM

Exactly what I was thinking!!
Corporate Australia holding us back as a nation.
MattBolt

Demand is here - I've wanted this for months! I know so many people who want it also!!
DMF
Level 1: Cadet

Please advise when Telstra will offer eSim - "When demand rises' has been the stock answer since 1066 !

Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/post-paid/can-i-be-informed-about-new-pr...
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Grumbles

iPhone XS eSIM

when is esim available on iphone xs 

Level 25: The Singularity

Not yet is the only answer we can give you.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
jabfree30

Looks like we all have the answer now. Unfortunately, it's not from our beloved Telstra. https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/esim-for-iphone-what-you-need-to-know?requestType=Norma...

jabfree30

Looks like our beloved Telstra is not the first this year. eSIM for iPhone is now available from Optus. https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/esim-for-iphone-what-you-need-to-know?requestType=Norma...
NTZ

Come on Telstra get with the program...stop trying to stifle competition... Optus have activated eSim capability on the Iphone... if you are the BEST as you state you are for Mobile networks then you should not be concerned about losing customers... Do the right thing and activate eSim on iphone.
NTZ

Thanks Ryan... the demand is there and has been there from day 1 launch of the Iphone xs, xr and xs Max. Optus have come to the party... it's now time to activate the facility
bobslay

Optus got there months ago.
How hard can it be to do a little bit of IT work to generate eSIM capability.
Embarrassingly late to the party Telstra
Grumbles

Any update on the release of esim, ask someone at store on Monday,  he response was when it is released Telstra will be the first, I told him unfortunately your not and won’t be the first, Optus had released esim for iPhone XS months ago.

bilzz

Common Telstra! get it together

AlexBRNL

How come Tesltra does not have the Esim yet... I though you guys were good for businesses...

Carkel
Level 4: Private Eye

Got my eSIM from Optus now. Work # Telstra and private phone eSIM with Optus. All on one phone, works a treat 😃 Stuff you Telstra 😂
Grumbles

Is there any update, I am hearing the 15th of June. Not sure if true or not.

Support Team
Support Team

Apologises I do not have a confirmed update for you.

We will post an update when we do have the information 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

frownface
Level 3: Gumshoe

The 15th had come and gone, and i don't see any esim available?

Stevek87

I asked someone at Telstra store if Esim was available for the iPhone XS , she said no one in Australia has it. 26/06/19
I said Optus does and she was so shocked in disbelief! I showed her and she couldn’t believe it.
Is it time for someone to start a petition so we can have access to Esim on the iPhone XS
Proreal

As of mid year 2019, only Optus offers esim accounts for dual “SIM Card” phones (one being a physical “SIM Card” and the other being an esim) in Australia. This is only on their post paid (not prepaid) accounts.
I would guess Telstra will follow this and implement esims for iPhones and others twin sim phones as customers begin to migrate
JAT58

Crowd support is building and people like myself are looking to move to other Telcos who provide esim for mobiles eg OPTUS. You will start to lose loyal customers very soon if there capacity isn’t available soon.

What are you waiting for???? Why also have phones on your plans that have capacity we can use??!!
Apple-v-Samsung

Currently, only Samsung allows for dual sim. Both being nano sims, and if you want to use the second sim as an additional storage, you can. However, the telcos don’t want other telcos attached to their own phone plans. So don’t sell them.  I purchased my samsung note 9; direct from Samsung, after being an apple supporter since day one, and love that I can have my work and personal number in one phone,! The minute apple makes available a dual sim nano phone, I am keen to see how that turns out. And how he big players ie Telstra, Optus etc deal with it. Estimate is great for accessories but an actual nano sim should be used for dual sim phones.

@williams3112 wrote:

Is there any word is Telstra supports eSIM for the iPhone XS. 

Obviously it does with the Apple watch, through OneNumber" which i have in my Series 3, but the XS arrives tomorrow and I'll like to know more about the eSIM. 

I was told (and experienced) that the Watch eSIM doesn't work Overseas. If this is true for the iPhone too it will be pretty problematic. Of course, better enabled with the SIM slot for a local country data SIM. 

Or have I totally misunderstood the who eSIM thing...

Carkel
Level 4: Private Eye

My wife has an iPhone XR and has a Telstra work SIM card. She purchased the new  Optus eSIM for her private calls and this works! So, you don’t have to have a phone with physical dual SIMs and you don’t have to wait for Telstra doing what Optus already does!

eSIMS are great, one can simply add them when traveling and switch between them.

Stevek87

Any word on the Esim yet ? Anytime this year at least? 

SimpleSi

Come on, get with the times.  Demand has been shown Tel$tra.

Stevek87

Seems as though this thread or crowd support is going unnoticed, no response from any Telstra support team.

Might as well give up on the iPhone XS and Esim for Telstra, seeing as the new iPhone comes out in a month. 

I guess it’s time to start a new thread,

“Telstra IPhone 11 Esim??” .

Then again Optus will probably be first on that too!

TravelTime

Vodafone now supports esim 🙂

newydiver84

@KathleenC wrote:

Apologises I do not have a confirmed update for you.

We will post an update when we do have the information 

The competition are taking advantage of Telstra’s inability to keep up with current technology.

https://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Guides/what-is-esim

Wayne_R

Interestingly Telstra Small Business side of the website specifically shows the 'eSim' badge next to the phone along with '4GX' badge which is still noticeably absent from the Personal plans part of the site

XS Max Small Business: https://www.telstra.com.au/small-business/mobile-phones/mobiles-on-a-plan/apple/iphone-xs-max

XM Max Personal: https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/mobiles-on-a-plan/iphone/iphone-xs-max

Yarah_Dahile

Had a Chat with someone from JB Hifi yesterday- looks like eSim for Xs and Xr is being released today. Will go down a lunch time and confirm. =)

I'll let you all know the results =)

Highlighted
AV8ER

Apparently it is availalble after 20th Sept....see below online chat....

Welcome to Telstra Chat, someone will be with you soon. At the end of your chat, please give us some feedback on your experience.
Info at 12:39, Sep 13:
You're chatting with Christine Darryl.
Christine Darryl at 12:39, Sep 13:

Thanks for visiting Telstra's Online Store, this is Christine your sales expert for today. How can I help?
Ray at 12:39, Sep 13:
Hi there, just wondering if Telstra has released eSIM ?
Christine Darryl at 12:40, Sep 13:

Hi Ray! Glad you took time to contact us through chat.
Christine Darryl at 12:40, Sep 13:

Yes, selected devices with Telstra supports esim. Smiley Happy
Ray at 12:40, Sep 13:
ok but does Telstra as a provider support eSIM ?
Christine Darryl at 12:41, Sep 13:

Yes, we do.

You will just need to choose a sim only plan.

Do you have your own device or do you need a new one?
Ray at 12:41, Sep 13:
I need a enw device
Ray at 12:42, Sep 13:
When did Telstra release eSIM cpabilities ?
Christine Darryl at 12:45, Sep 13:

We were recently informed about esim and it is going to be available starting 20 Sep 2019.
Christine Darryl at 12:45, Sep 13:

Do you have an existing mobile service with Telstra?
Ray at 12:45, Sep 13:
yes, so how do i convert that to eSIM ?
Christine Darryl at 12:46, Sep 13:

Can I get the mobile number please?

We will simply process a sim replacement on our end and we will be sending you a QR code to activate the esim.

This is to replace the physical sim card.

falccon

I want to get rid of my two devices and just have two services. One for work and one for personal use like everyone else here that works for a living.

Get with the program Telstra

falccon

I hope it works as simply in reality. Roll on the 20th

Yarah_Dahile

Yeah that's what I ended up finding out today, seems like only the training for them was released today, the local JB is awaiting the QR codes (why cant they just print them?? *shrugs sholders). So 20th is the date i got as well. So yay!! =)

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

The QR code’s are individualised With a registration code like a physical SIM card they each have a unique code. And I expect like a physical SIM card will have a specific eSIM card number that needs to be registered on the account as well for the sim swap order. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

AV8ER
Pinnacle7

Does anyone know if you can convert a physical sim to an esim? Can’t find any indication on the website how to actually purchase. 

I believe the details will be released tomorrow (20th Sept 2019).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
newydiver84

Yes you’ll be able to do that

TheMinister

Telstra webchat stated not available until 25/9 and in store have not received Q codes yet.

AV8ER

Telstra Webchat have twice now confirmed it is available from today.

However - the two Telstra stores & 1 JB that I visited did not have stock of the "eSIM Kit" with QR codes - they have been ordered from warehouse and scheduled for delivery today.

Also, came across this news article from earlier this week:

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/telstra-to-support-esims-for-new-iphones-531078

TheMinister

Lol, my measure of “available” is having one phone with two numbers in my pocket today! I would even be happy with placing an order for the Qcode, however I had no luck with the store and webchat. Keen to hear if anyone has any success?

Pinnacle8

Received a positive response from livechat. They can send me a QR activation code, expect delivery in 3-5 business days or go to a Telstra store. Based on previous comments, I opted for the postage option. Will wait by the letterbox now.

Jazzat0

What model phone was that for? I asked live chat, and they said they don’t support eSim for anything other than the iPhone 11. Would not give any details as to when the XS series would be supported other than to keep checking the website.

Pinnacle8

iPhone Xs. Took a while as I have a business account, but they assured me in my initial request that it was possible, and I now have a ref# for a parcel with a QR code. Maybe try again?

iRick092

Telstra Broadway has eSIM in stock. I just had it swapped in about 10 minutes. I can confirm it works with iPhone XS Max. 

TheMinister

Good advice. I tried again thru Live Chat and now have a reference for a posted esim! Just one more week of lugging multiple phones...

Jazzat0

I went to the Telstra store and they said their delivery is coming this afternoon. So I’ll go back later and see what happens.

Jazzat0

Rung around all the stores in my area and they all said they didn’t have them and didn’t know when they were getting them. I’ll have to try get one on live chat again.

Yarah_Dahile

The local JB hifi hasn't received their eSim QR codes yet. And the local Telstra shops looked at me as if I had two heads (I left optus for this treatment 20 years ago, might do the same when my plan runs out). 

but I have found this on the digital chat assistant when I asked about eSim:
https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/activate-your-mobile

oh well lets see what happens, I filled it out and probably stuffed myself up! hehe

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now