CrowdSupport®

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
AV8ER
Level 2: Rookie

Re: iPhone XS eSIM

Picked up an eSIM from Waverley Gardens, Mulgrave, VIC store today and activated....IT WORKS!!! eSIM IS FINALLY HERE WITH TELSTRA!!!

Wish I could post a photo of it in here, but basically the eSIM is like a normal SIM but just printed on a tear-away paper that reveals a QR code. To activate the consultant needs to enter the "card number" in Siebel - which is basically a SIM re-burn. You then need to wait for it to activate and it will be live....

I have been following this post (and many others) since inception as well as carrying around 2 phones for the past 10 years, but today NO MORE!

If your local Telstra store does not have stock, tell them they need to order eSIM from their back of house....or order via live chat, and then the activation process is really easy!!!

Happy DualSIM iPhone all !

Jazzat0

I ended up trying the live chat again and got someone who was happy to do it for me. Should be here next week now! Must just have to get the right person on the other end.

TheMinister

Interestingly, I checked the status of my online order this morning - Cancelled! Contacted Livechat, no reason or detail and suggested I visit A Telstra store (again). Back to T shop and I requested to order an esim Qcode card, to be told I could only order one when they received them in store... I left with my sanity and visited a reseller, they had a wad of Q codes and I was sorted in 10 minutes. Two lines, one handset.. love it

Jazzat0

Got my eSIM in the mail today, scanned the code and the profile downloaded, went online to activate it, “Success” according to Telstra’s website. Waited a couple of hours, nothing. Went on live chat, they couldn’t say anything other than to wait up to 48 hours for it to activate then if nothing contact them again. So still waiting.

AV8ER

Mine went into "pending activation" status too....the guy at the Telstra shop said he had two sim swaps that were in that status for 24hours.... Lucky for me it was activated within about 10 mins though.

It should be noted that this is nothing to do with eSIM - this has always been the case even with physical SIM swaps too...

Jazzat0

That’s why I went on chat because any time I’ve had a SIM swap in the past it was done in less than 10 minutes. Ah well, see what happens. My phone thinks it’s dual SIM for the mean time with the eSIM profile and card even though only one works haha. 

newydiver84

I was sent one of the eSIM cards and it loaded fine onto my phone but the activation failed. I ended up going into a Telstra shop and they did it all in less than 10 mins. Seems to be working really well so far. 

newydiver84

Same happened to me. I ended up going to a Telstra shop and they activated on the spot and I scanned and loaded and is working fine.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now