Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Support Team
Support Team

Re: iPhone XS eSIM

Hey P8T,

Last year we were one of the first Australian telcos to introduce eSIM technology for connected smart watches and we will introduce eSIM support for smartphones in the future as customer demand builds.

Thank you.
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Foodie101
Level 1: Cadet

Why is it that Telstra Constantly has the same comment. From the multiple post I read the public is asking for the esim and you are saying as demand builds. It’s not rocket science if several
People are asking and posting and following posts, doesn’t that indicate demand? Also if apple implimented it doesn’t that indicate demand? Come on Telstra get on the front foot don’t baffle is with excuses. If you made it available with the watch it means that you can make it available with the phone.
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Well, obviously they will not be able to say anything else about if/when it will be released until it is publicly announced by them.

Based on the way they usually work, it will need to have been tested and confirmed to be ready first working with their network, they will need to obviously implement changes on their system and will no doubt require an agreement for eSIM with Apple. Once it is ready to go is when they will announce it if they follow their normal process... Until they make that announcement, I will be surprised if you see anything different as a response...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Esim_time

Just hurry up and do it!
JasonT1

Demand is here! Please release!
nd4383
Level 2: Rookie

Has customer demand built enough yet? Telstra seem to copy and paste the same response more than once a day on various social media platforms. This is an empty promise most people know is just full of greed. It’s practices from telcos like this that does nothing for brand loyalty. Grow up Telstra!!!
Andy_T

I travel a lot and often have a second SIM in for the local area.  Having an eSIM would also allow me to keep in Contact with my Business contacts in Aus.  So please roll out the eSIM asap.  Thanks

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more