CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
G-unit
Level 4: Private Eye

iPhone Xs esim support

So will Telstra support esim?

I know this was asked prior to release. But now that the iphone has been released and apple have released the update to use it,
Will Telstra now support it?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: iPhone Xs esim support

There has still been no announcement. I have seen on social media the staff had implied that it was something they were working on it. The comment was along the lines of once we have the details of our official announcement we will make sure we update our customers.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @G-unit,

Last year we were one of the first Australian telcos to introduce eSIM technology for connected smart watches and we will introduce eSIM support for smartphones in the future as customer demand builds.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Beachman
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra told me that theyre not supporting eSims for iphones... but no problem... I used a GigSky eSim prepaid for international data...Quite cheap too... it only took me a few minutes to set up on my iphone XS Max. I keep my Telstra nano sim active for voice and text overseas and use GigSky for data and VOIP calls. It works worldwide.
ricochet
Level 3: Gumshoe

+1 to the demand for this - please please add eSIM support now that iOS 12.1 allows it!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now