Bec221
Level 1: Cadet

iPhone xs max back order wait time

Hey all!

I went in to a Telstra store on Monday to go on a lease plan with the new iPhone xs Max and no where has stock of them, so it was put on back order. I was told by the sales person that I should receive it today (26/09) but after hunting around found that they do not have enough stock therefore I won't receive it until the next shipment. Does anybody know when the next shipment will be?

Thanks for your help!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: iPhone xs max back order wait time

They will be getting stock in on a regular basis but it is going to depend on the colour and size you wanted and how much demand Apple has for it as to how many they will get at a time and in turn how quickly you will get one allocated.

It depends on Apple and from previous releases, it is not often that they have a significant amount of advance notice until Apple dispatch the order to Telstra because then Telstra will start allocating the IMEI to the orders they have to fulfil.

You should normally get email updates to advise of any updates including the stock being allocated... but as far as exact timeframe... it is going to be unlikely.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

User1841
Level 3: Gumshoe

i may not be helpful but i ordered an iphone xs max Gold 64GB, on Friday and i was told i was getting it on Monday, but i didn’t and they didn’t say they were out of stock, but i’m hoping they’ll restock soon Smiley Happy
Jacobamo

I ordered on Thursday last week. 27/09 and was told it could be up to 6 weeks. So don't hold your breath.

User1841

i called them because the person who ordered mine for me didn’t even submit it, but then they said it could be up to 2-3 weeks until they stock
User1841

nevermind apparently it will be in on monday
Tractor76

Ok so I ordered in store last week, was advised it would take about a week. Telstra 24/7 has been useless as it’s still on backorder. Rang 132200 and they said we can reprocess this with a different phone, I said which Iphone .... yeah no 3 week wait for any iPhone they said! So I had signed up for the $199 a month 2 year unlimited plan might walk into Optus and get their 200gb a month plan that’s $40 less and they are in stock... 

Jacobamo

I ordered the iPhone XS Max nearly 2 weeks ago in store. Still hasn't arrived. Apple mustn't be giving Telstra any stock. The Apple website has every iPhone in any colour and any storage size available for pickup today at every store.

That happens most years, Apple has stock when no one else does...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

ShibaPai
Level 2: Rookie

I signed up for the same plan, $199 a month, unlike you guys I got my phone a week or so later but it wasnt what I ordered at the checkout... the xs maxes in the 512GB must be in high demand.
User1841

I’ve just gone with optus, i’ve ordered one, i’m just waiting for approval
User1841

i ordered the 64GB and still haven’t received it
ShibaPai

So youre going to pay off $199 a month to telstra AND pay whatever optus is wanting?

I hope you can cancel the telstra one. That would be some serious debt, at least for me haha.

If you were that desperate for the phone I have an xs max gold 64GB still sealed in its box I could have sold you (if I werent waiting for telstra to reply to me to see if I can return it) though I dont think telstra will replace it with the 512GB I originally ordered anytime soon...
Highlighted
User1841

omg yes i would love that phone, but i didn’t buy the phone outright with telstra, i’m just leasing
User1841

i just got an email saying my phone is on its way!
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @User1841

That's great to hear.

If you need any further help or support please let us know.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ShibaPai

Yay~! Congrats

iPhone 8 (PRODUCT)RED and iPhone 8 Plus (PRODUCT)RED

Available Now to Order.

Find out more