Quen0901
Level 1: Cadet

phone

Answered
So.. I have only had my new phone for close to a month, and I was in my phone and someone chucked a bucket of water on me. I got angry, but the iPhone X is meant to be waterproof so I didn’t think twice. Now the screen won’t work and there’s water all through the camera 🤷🏼‍♀️ What the hell do I do 😭🤬
Qfinn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: phone

Hi Quen0901,

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your iPhone X. The handset is IP67 rated which means it provides protection from contact with harmful dust and protected from immersion in water with a depth of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. If someone threw a bucket of water at you this damage shouldn't have occurred under normal circumstances. 

I recommend heading into your local Telstra store so we can send the device away for assessment to determine the next steps. You can find your local store online here.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

-Chris

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: phone

Hi Quen0901,

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your iPhone X. The handset is IP67 rated which means it provides protection from contact with harmful dust and protected from immersion in water with a depth of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. If someone threw a bucket of water at you this damage shouldn't have occurred under normal circumstances. 

I recommend heading into your local Telstra store so we can send the device away for assessment to determine the next steps. You can find your local store online here.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

-Chris

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Download now