Highlighted
Beachgrob
Level 5: Eagle Eye

48 hours to watch thanks Thursday free movie

Answered

For those who have read the following on the Telstra thanks Thursday movie web page "You have 48 hours to begin watching the movie and you have 48 hours to finish watching once you click play", do NOT think this means you have 48 hours to start watching the movie and then another 48 hours to complete watching the movie.

According to Bigpond movies you only have 48 hours to complete watching the movie from the time you pay for it (by your credit voucher).

Bigpond movies are blaming the Telstra website even though one of their helpdesk people told me that what was on the Telstra website was correct! Go figure! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Beachgrob
Accepted Solution

Re: 48 hours to watch thanks Thursday free movie

That is OK - the question still remains; this is a thank you from one part of Telstra yet another part seem to be making the rules! Why?

Personally I think it should be 48 and then 48 as that means you can watch the movie on Sunday night.

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

This is controlled by the BigPond Movies service as this is what is being accessed to allow the download of the movie to be completed. I am more than happy to pass your feedback onto the people in charge of this offer to see if they will consider having this made available for the time frame you have advised.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Level 23: Superhero

This page says:

You then have 48 hours to enjoy your movie.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Beachgrob

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Beachgrob,

This is explained more in the BigPond Movies FAQ's 

http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/bigpond-movies-downloads-watching-movies#cat=TV%20%26%20En...

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Beachgrob

Yes I understand Bigpond movies stance on the issue. My point is that on the Telstra site where you get your voucher it clearly says otherwise.

Beachgrob

And surley it is Telstra accounts that are giving away the movie as it is a thankyou for being a customer not bigpond movies so Telstra accounts should be making the rules. And yes I do know that Bigpond is Telstra. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Beachgrob,

The link you provided takes me to the log-in screen, so I am unable to look at what you're looking at. The standard rules apply for this offer.

Angela 

Level 23: Superhero

I see what you are saying.  Perhaps they should remove the double wording and just say you have 48 to complete watching the movie.  The way it's put forth in the account portal is if you click play at 47 hours after redeeming the code, you get another 2 days to finish watching it, which is incorrect.

Capture.JPG

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Beachgrob,

Thanks for highlighting that. 

Angela 

Beachgrob
Accepted Solution

That is OK - the question still remains; this is a thank you from one part of Telstra yet another part seem to be making the rules! Why?

Personally I think it should be 48 and then 48 as that means you can watch the movie on Sunday night.

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

This is controlled by the BigPond Movies service as this is what is being accessed to allow the download of the movie to be completed. I am more than happy to pass your feedback onto the people in charge of this offer to see if they will consider having this made available for the time frame you have advised.

Beachgrob

Thanks

yvonne1977
Level 1: Cadet

@Beachgrob wrote:

Thanks

T429039C
Level 1: Cadet

I cant log in to the free moves with my account for about 9 months now

Support Team
Support Team

Hi T429039C,

Can I clarify which movie service you are trying to access? How are you trying to access this one?

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more