Highlighted
Haklin
Level 2: Rookie

Accidently selected 'buy' instead of 'rent' - Bigpond can't fix

Answered

I'm writing this for my Father in law on his recent experience with Bigpond movies

Hi All,

I'm a first time 60 year old user of Bigpond Movies through Telstra TV.  I recevied my $21 credit and accidently selected to purchase a movie instead of rent. I rang Bigpond to see if they could remove the movie from my account and change it into a rental and was told this is impossible.

Surely there is something that can be done? I've now used up my $21 and have an additional $3.95 added to my bill coming this month.  I emailed my problem and received only an automated response with reference number 00270097 (8/1/2017)

No one got back to me and I had to ring to find out what the situation was.

Fairly bad user experience connsidering it was a genuine mistake - will look at alternatives. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Accidently selected 'buy' instead of 'rent' - Bigpond can't fix

@Haklin if the BigPond Movies team have advised that no refund is available then regrettably that would be the answer.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Haklin
Accepted Solution

Just want to follow up and say yesterday my father in law got a reply from his original email with an apology for delay in responding and two 6.99 vouchers. Thank you!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Haklin

Sorry to hear about the incorrect purchase on BigPond Movies.

We do have dedicated BigPond Movies support who can be contact on 1800 502 502 or email them on help@bigpondmovies.com

Please let us know if you have success via those contact methods.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Haklin

@Jimmy-Lo cheers Jimmy. But both avenues have proved dead ends(it's been a week without email reply). If you could help that would be great. My ticket number is 00270097.
Support Team
Support Team

@Haklin regrettably, due to privacy and security reasons we are unable to access any account related information directly via. CrowdSupport.

So the BigPond Movies team have raised the ticket 00270097?

Haklin

@Jimmy-Lo yes that was the ticket number in the email received on the 8/1. No reply since. The phone call was less than satisfactory, apparently it's impossible to refund a purchased movie and turn it into a rental.
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

@Haklin if the BigPond Movies team have advised that no refund is available then regrettably that would be the answer.

Haklin

It's a digital purchase, seems illogical it couldn't be reverted. Cheers for at least providing dialogue into the issue.
Support Team
Support Team

@Haklin I certainly understand where you are coming from and can see it from your point of view. Thanks for your time today.

Haklin

@Jimmy-Lo you might be interested to note the help@bigpondmovies.com is nowauto replying with

"Thank you for your email request sent to the BigPond Movies team.

This email address is not monitored by the BigPond Movies team. For further assistance with your enquiry, please go to www.bigpondmovies.com/support

From the BigPond Movies Team

www.bigpondmovies.com"

The Bigpond help team have seriously been a disappointment.
Support Team
Support Team

@Haklin Thanks for letting us know.

I have just passed this information to my team and we will stop providing this email address to customers.

Haklin
Accepted Solution

Just want to follow up and say yesterday my father in law got a reply from his original email with an apology for delay in responding and two 6.99 vouchers. Thank you!

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more