Highlighted
SURFEEGIRL
Level 2: Rookie

BIGPOND MOVIE METERING?

Answered

Hi everyone, I have Samsung Smart TV with Bigpond Movie App.  I have logged in fine via MY ACCOUNT and rented a movie.  Due to horrid ADSL2+ speeds here (under 1MG)  to be able to stream and watch,  I set the TV to WIFI and Hot Spotted to my phone.  Will this data still be un-metered as I am Telstra Broadband and Post Plan phone customer?  I was unable to watch a foxtel downloaded rented movie the other day as terrible pixilation due to lack of download speeds :-(  only way we can stream would be to use our post paid phone data.  If someone can advised if will be Metered or Un-Metered would be appreciated.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: BIGPOND MOVIE METERING?

Unfortunately mobile data is metered for streaming of both Foxtel and BigPomd movies so that would come out of your mobiles data allowance.

At this stage other then the unlimited plan they haven’t really offered any unmetered video content... kinda a pity honestly. Well... unless you consider the unlimited plan but that doesn’t suit like half the market.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Unfortunately mobile data is metered for streaming of both Foxtel and BigPomd movies so that would come out of your mobiles data allowance.

At this stage other then the unlimited plan they haven’t really offered any unmetered video content... kinda a pity honestly. Well... unless you consider the unlimited plan but that doesn’t suit like half the market.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

SURFEEGIRL
Level 2: Rookie

Well that is a bugger, yes we have unlimited ADSL2+ but worthless for any streaming content. NBN is not happening either this year. They should really look at that customers that are not on NBN yet and have super slow ADSL speeds. Appreciate your assistance

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now