wolfieboy
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Bigpond Movies

Answered

Bigpond Movies issue:

We have PRESTO and that works perfect on our 46" SONY Bravia TV with Bravia software engine 3 and Motionflow control settings up to 200Hz.

Watched HD movies on PRESTO and SD movies and TV shows and all perfect.

We have NBN with Speed Boost and line speed from TELSTRA is often at 92.9mbps and average above 75mbps.

Pluto service works excellent on HD music clips.

To get Bigpond movies we have to use our Panasonic DVD Recorder model DMR-XW440. A quality performer. We have no problems with spooling or signal freezing or dropping out.

Our problem is that watching SD or HD movies on Bigpond Movies gives a very good picture and perfect lip synch but on walking or movement the people tend to walk slightly stilted. I mean that there are tiny pauses when they walk acreoss the screen almost as if the frame conversion is working incorrectly. Everything else works and looks perfect and the HD picture quality is superb. Just very annoying to have this motion problem on paning shots and people moving on the screen

Wondering if this is the best we get?

Do other people see this?

Is the movie coming via Satellite from the US and in NTSC?

Please help as I won't be able to watch movies on Bigpond movies if that is not fixed and why have the NBN if you still can't watch a simple SD or HD movie via an Internet TV enabled device such as the Panasonic DMR-XW440 that is Ethernet cable connected from the Wi-Fi Extender.

Everything else including our PRESTO service works perfectly using that same equipment.

I can only think it is to do with the playout country video conversion standardsetc.

Please help or Bigpond Movies will get the flick in our house :-( As I said - why is PRESTO perfect for playing SD and HD movies and Bigpond movies is capable of quality pictures even in HD - yet has that annoying motion artefact.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Bigpond Movies

Hi WolfieBoy

That is really weird. 

Your best point of contact would be our BigPond Movies Team, who can be contacted by calling 1800502502. They are available:-

Monday to Friday 9.30 am to 11pm AEST,

Saturdays - 11am to 11pm

and Sunday, 12pm to 10pm. 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi WolfieBoy

That is really weird. 

Your best point of contact would be our BigPond Movies Team, who can be contacted by calling 1800502502. They are available:-

Monday to Friday 9.30 am to 11pm AEST,

Saturdays - 11am to 11pm

and Sunday, 12pm to 10pm. 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
wolfieboy

Thanks Lindy
Next Movie we hire I will check once more for those annoying artefacts and if they are still there I will use that phone no. Thank you.

In the meantime I have turned off all settings for MPEG noise controls on both the Panasonic DVR and our SONY TV. I will see how that goes be4 I ring them. Thanks :-)
wolfieboy

Sat 21 November 2015.

Hired Cinderella Movie 2015 release in HD for $6.99

The whole movie worked perfect and very good quality.

Only changes I made was to reduce MPeg noise reduction to minimal settings, just on 1 but not zero.

Free movie on Thursday was better but still some artefacts.

Tonight we had perfect results with high quality pictures on the same Panasonic DVR fed via a ethernet cable off our wi-fi extender unit.

So I can only conclude that a HD movie requires less conversion and thus no visible motion artefacts result.

In future I will always select the HD version if available.

Anyway a very enjoyable experience tonight with this HD movie, using exactly the same set up as explained in a posting above with some minor MPeg noise reduction settings tweeks. Very happy :-)

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now