Level 1: Cadet

Can't find bigpond movie app on a samsung smart tv

Hi I just got my samsung tv replaced because of a screen fault but my new samsung series 7 smart tv doesn't have bigpond movies or foxtel now where my old tv had it all I rang up samsung and the said it is because the app hasn't been updated yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Can't find bigpond movie app on a samsung smart tv

If the app isn't available on the TV, an alternative would be to look into getting a Telstra TV to connect to your Samsung TV. Additionally I've been able to Chromecast Foxtel now to my tv, but i havent tried with bigpond movies
Although I am a Telstra Employee, I am not here in an official capacity. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.
Technical Support
Technical Support

In keeping with best digital security practice, Telstra has updated the BigPond Movies service to use Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2. Unfortunately, due to this upgrade, BigPond Movies is no longer supported on certain older Panasonic, Samsung and LG televisions as they do not support TLS 1.2. Your BigPond Movies account is not impacted in any way. You can continue to use your account on other supported devices, such as Telstra TV, PC/Macintosh, Android/iOS, and later Panasonic, Samsung and LG TV models with the same username and password.

Televisions that are no longer supported by BigPond Movies include:

Panasonic - Some 2015 models, 2014 models and below

Samsung - Some 2015 models, 2014 models and below. All models using "Orsay" operating system.

LG - Some 2015 models, 2014 models and below

Reference: http://tel.st/6a8k7

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Thank you for your reply my tv is a brand new 2018 model just a bit upsetting getting a new tv with less apps than my old one.
CS456

This is so irritating! How can you not support models that are only 3 years old! You should support TV models for at least 10 years. I will be putting my money into another service instead!
Level 24: Supreme Being

You've got it backwards @CS456, the problem is that Samsung hasn't kept the TV updated with recent (10 years old actually) security protocols.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
CS456

It's always someone else to blame! I don't buy it!

Aaaah, but you did buy it and now you aren't happy with what you've been left with.

Unfortunately the world moves on and TV manufacturers didn't keep up with modern data security practices when they should have.

There are quite a number of apps that have disappeared from Smart TVs since I bought my last one 5 years ago, purely because the requirements are no longer up to scratch.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more