Simon33b
Level 1: Cadet

Free movie rental telstra

I recently started a new phone plan with Telstra and I was told that I would have a free movie rental through bigpond as part of the deal. When I go through “my offers” on the Telstra tv app, I get to the section where I am supposed to sign up to BigPond and it says that there has been a technical error. I’ve tried for a couple of days. Any advice on how to fix it?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Free movie rental telstra

Hi Simon, 

Sorry for the movie rental issue. Please call BigPond Movies Support on 1800 502 502 and we can apply this for you if the My Offers section isn't working

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Kma2
Level 2: Rookie

Hi Simon33b

Myself and many others have had this same problem and rather than Telstra fix the problem you have to contact Bigpondmovies and they will add it to your account manually.

If telstra just gave you the voucher code you could add it to your Bigpondmovies account yourself.

Regards

gamcna

Regards
Kma2
Highlighted
borked

Why should we have to contact bigpond and waste even more time trying to get the service we have paid for from telstra? This is *still* broken, the same thing happens to me, and seems it has been broken for a while. Please, why can't someone at Telstra actually take some responsibility and get the problem fixed so that the service that people pay for is provided without you having to chase telstra at every turn just to get what you have subscribed to.

It seems to me like they are trying to make it too hard for people to get all aspects of the service that have been paid for so they just give up and/or pay for it anyway. Please let me be wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi borked, 

The specific team who assist with BigPond Movies issues is the Movies Support team. 

If you can't log in, or create a BigPond Movies account, they are the only team who can assist. 

Thousands of customers are logging in and using the service, so it's not an overall outage. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

borked

Hi Ivan,
This has nothing to do with logging in or creating a bigpond movies account as has been clearly state. It is a problem with telstra. Bigpond is part of telstra anyway, and this is a telstra support forum so not sure what your point there is anyway.

Anyway, the error comes up on the telstra site, the 'Oops' message is on a URL of the form :

https://hub.telstra.com.au/bpm/XXXXXXXX.html?device=desktop#/oops

Please don't just pass the buck somewhere else, please investigate and fix so we can get what we actually pay for. Otherwise this looks exactly like telstra just trying to make people give up and not receive the services they have paid for. This is far from the first time this sort of scenario has played out for me, and no doubt thousands of others around Australia.

I am thoroughly sick of *every* single person (over many many years) I have talked to at telstra just fobbing me off and/or lying. It would be great if you became the first person I've ever spoken to actually take some responsibility for a problem, and saw that it was solved rather than just redirecting me to yet someone else that will do the same thing ad nauseam.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now