Gailforce1399
Level 2: Rookie

From 23 August I cant access big pond movies on my LG Smart TV

I have purchased a little over $200 of movies that I can no longer access on my tv some were purchased this week and no-one told me that this could happen. I rand big pond and was told that I need to buy a Telstra TV2 device for $192 but I would need a telstra broadband account to use it,Others are saying they are getting theirs for free,what should I do now?I didnt need to be with Telstra to buy and watch them before

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
jeffery3
Level 1: Cadet

Re: From 23 August I cant access big pond movies on my LG Smart TV

Bigpond/Telstra either sent a subtle message about the discontinuation or I missed a couple of emails. I have now lost all bigpond from my house as I have both a Panasonic and LG TV which were both disable this year. not the best at customer service on this. anyway they have lost my business until they offer a solution for those who aren't ready to buy another TV or be forced into buying one of Telstra's TV2 device.
Level 21: Augmented

@jeffery3@Gailforce1399 unfortunately, there are some issues with DRM and several manufacturers did not provide satisfactory updates and Telstra did have to stop supplying  such content to those manufacturers… Don't blame Telstra - blame DRM and manufacturers of "smart" (not so sure anymore) TVs...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Ghardnose
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi whether you missed the emails or not I my opinion Telstra should refund your purchase of all movies, I too have lost my movie purchases and it's so rude of Telstra to do this.
Shame!
Ghardnose

Hi, sorry for you, I complained to Telstra and they said I received an email regarding this and to tell me I would be receiving a Telstra Tv device but nothing no email no device, I just ar this moment wanted to watch one of my movies I paid for with my wife after a lovely dinner but nothing.
I want a refund of my movies, no way am I going to buy a new tv or Telstra tv device.
They did the same with the Afl app with lots of unhappy Telstra customers and low and behold the app was fixed. The app didn't work on older iPads but hey presto it is now.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Gailforce1399,

Thanks for contacting us and I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues watching BigPond Movies on your smart TV. Earlier this year certain smart TV's no longer supported the BigPond Movies platform. I'm however unsure if that affected LG TV's and if so what models. With regards to receiving a Telstra TV2, there was an offer available at the time however registrations are now closed. I recommend contacting our BigPond Movies team at support@bigpondmovies.com who will be best to follow this up with you. Let me know how you go. 

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Ghardnose,

Sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved for you yet. So that I can follow this up with your case manager, can you please provide me with your complaint reference number beginning with 'SR'?

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Ghardnose

Hey I never received any offer that you speak about or email regarding this issue so I would like a refund of movies as I can not watch them.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Ghardnose,

Our BigPond Movies team will be best to follow this up with you and can be reached at support@bigpondmovies.com. Let me know how you go. 

- Tim 

Ghardnose

Sorry I can't locate it
Ghardnose

Hi I am a Telstra customer and I haven't got it for free or been offered it for free, I was told I got an email offering me this but did not receive an email regarding this
Ghardnose

I believe they need to refund us of our movies that's the least they could do.
Gailforce1399

Hi Tim I did contact them, they referred me back to Tech support who told me that they cant help me. I am mainly angry because I purchased and watched my last movie the day before I lost it all.So why did they take my money yet again.All my movies have been purchased in the last 3 months,now I have to buy them on disc,which is obviously the better option.Then no one can steal them off me.They will loose a lot of customers treating people like this.Sorry for the rant,Im still angry.They need to provide a solution or free TV2 to existing customers.
Gailforce1399

Hi Tim I didn't get a number. I rang Tech Support who told me to contact big pond movies and ask about TV2.I did and I was told by them to call Tech Support after they tried to sell me a TV2. I rang Tech Support and was told they couldn't help,it wasn't their area. No one gave me a number as no one took my complaint.I will just have to buy the movies again on disc.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Gailforce1399,

I'm sorry to hear that our BigPond Movies and Tech Support teams weren't able to assist you. Unfortunately the Telstra TV2 offer has ended. In this case however I'd suggest raising a formal complaint and your case manager will follow this up with you further and discuss if there are any alternatives or offers for the Telstra TV2 available for you (https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint).  Furthermore, if you’re eligible, you may be want to consider our Entertainment broadband bundle plan which includes a Telstra TV2 as well https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/plans-bundles. Let me know if you have any questions.   

- Tim

Gailforce1399

Absolutely they should give a refund to all who got ripped off. I bought Deadpool 2 the day before,lucky I watched it. They should just give existing customers a free TV2 but they wont.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more