Mica09
Level 1: Cadet

Prepaid Sim Activation problems

Hi. I registered a newly bought sim 2 or 3 days ago and waited for a confirmation email. Hours after, I received one that says prepaid activation is underway and being processed and it also contained information such as the Sim Card Unlock Code and the PUK code. I waited for 24 hrs but havent received an email confirming the activation. So i called the telstra hotline, talked to a representative and said that i the registration didnt come through successfully so he had to activate it for me. And awhile ago today, i received an email that says my prepaid activation was successful (**message doesnt contain a new sim card unlock code/ PUK code). So when i tried to unlock my phone with the old unlock code, i wasnt able to and my sim got locked. I need help please.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Prepaid Sim Activation problems

Your puk code should be the same but if it isn’t working try here: https://service.telstra.com.au/general/pinpuk/pukCodeRetrieval.html
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more