Patientnumber13
Level 1: Cadet

Withdrawal of BigPond from my 2013 LG TV

Answered

Is there any reason for a withdrawal of BigPond from my LG TV? Does this mean I should just buy from Google Movies? Its the same price anyway but I am more frustrated that I can't just link my movie purchases to my Telstra package for easy and convenient single payments.

Is this just my 2013 LG TV or are the new LG TV's having the same issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Withdrawal of BigPond from my 2013 LG TV

People have posted about 2016 LG TVs in this forum not having Bigpond Movies as well, so I'd assume that none of the new ones do unless there has been an update recently.

When you go shopping, convince the sales person to run through the Smart TV functionality on a plugged in TV and check for the app.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES

A lot of devices no longer have access to Bigpond Movies due to changes in Digital Rights Management systems. They include devices from Samsung, Sony, LG & Panasonic.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Patientnumber13
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks. I understand that and was just trying to see if it was newer LG TV's to see if it is something between the 2 for sure when I am looking at new TV's. This is a bedroom TV and not connected to the Telstra Box.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

People have posted about 2016 LG TVs in this forum not having Bigpond Movies as well, so I'd assume that none of the new ones do unless there has been an update recently.

When you go shopping, convince the sales person to run through the Smart TV functionality on a plugged in TV and check for the app.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more