Brider1
Level 2: Rookie

how do I play a movie error message this movie is not encoded for your device

I paid for a HD movie and it will not play. It says it's not encoded for my device. I bought HD trying to play on my PC and view via HDMI to my HD Tv. I always buy movies and play them this way

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES
Support Team
Support Team

Re: how do I play a movie error message this movie is not encoded for your device

Hi Brider1,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out in regard to your movie issue. Can I ask whereabouts you hired the move from and on which device you are trying to play the movie - as in model on device?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Brider1

Re: how do I play a movie error message this movie is not encoded for your device

Hi Renee I hired it from big pond movies. Tried to play on my PC Asus K501
Support Team
Support Team

Thank you, usually if there is an encoder error, it is likely the format of which the movie was purchased is not compatible with your device. Did you organise the hiring of the movie via another device?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Brider1

Hello
No I rented the movie on this device. In the end I couldn’t play it so I actually ended up buying the movie and that worked. I’d like a refund of the $4.99. It took so long to try to work it out and I’ve never had this problem before
Support Team
Support Team

No worries, I'm glad to hear you were able to re-hire the movie and watch it, however, can definitely look into a refund for you. I recommend contacting our BigPond Movies Team on help@bigpondmovies.com  to organise a refund.

Please do let me know how you go.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Brider1,

Just following up, did you get the chance to contact our BigPond Movies Team? If so, how did you go?

Brider1

Hi Renee

Yes thanks I’ve been promised a refund
Regards
Bernadette
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

That's awesome, stoked to hear you received the a resolution Bernadette, please do not hesitate to shout out if you need any further assistance.

Always happy to help. Smiley Happy

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more