Highlighted
Norm_
Level 1: Cadet

why don't i get an option to rent a movie only buy?

Answered

Movie A Quiet Place

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: why don't i get an option to rent a movie only buy?

Hi @Norm_

Movie studios generally make their new release movies available to buy on digital services like BigPond Movies around 1-3 weeks before the standard rental release date.

You can rent or buy a new release on BigPond Movies on average 3-4 months after it’s been at the cinema. The exact time will depend on the movie.

New releases are available for a limited time. How long depends on our contract with the movie’s producer.

After the new release period, the movie may be available again on BigPond Movies if we can get the rights to it.

You can find BigPond Movies support here

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

A lot of the movies that are newly released to DVD and the likes are buy only for the first week or two
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @Norm_

Movie studios generally make their new release movies available to buy on digital services like BigPond Movies around 1-3 weeks before the standard rental release date.

You can rent or buy a new release on BigPond Movies on average 3-4 months after it’s been at the cinema. The exact time will depend on the movie.

New releases are available for a limited time. How long depends on our contract with the movie’s producer.

After the new release period, the movie may be available again on BigPond Movies if we can get the rights to it.

You can find BigPond Movies support here

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 21: Augmented

You're barking on the wrong tree... It is not Telstra who makes these decisions... The copyright owners do them...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more