bella37720
Level 1: Cadet

1 day late payment will i be charged late fee

Hi im just wondering if i will charged late fee even if its only 1 day late. I wasnt able to pay on time as the emailbill was sent to my junkmail so i didnt know when i had to pay.this is my 3rd month of bill and on my lasts ones its usually 30th of each month thats why i didnt worry too much but when i found the email it was due 28 and i only foind out today on the 29th that i had a bill as i had to look for it on my junkmail.can i be excempted from the late fee due to me not seeing the email straightaway?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: 1 day late payment will i be charged late fee

Hi bella37720, 

Usually there is some leeway in our system relating to the Late Payment Fee being applied, so it's unlikely that it will be applied if we received your payment only 1 day late. 

However regrettably if it is applied, we aren't able to exempt you from the fee simply due to the fact that you didn't see your bill, as you get 2 weeks from the day the bill is issued to pay it, so you did have 2 weeks to look for your bill and realize that you hadn't seen it.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now