CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
SueC
Level 2: Rookie

10 digit account number

Hi

I have a mobile phone on a business account with a 10 digit account number.  I tried 3 years ago to move this over to be with my consumer account (a 13 digit account number) and told that it wasn't possible so I reconstructed on the 10 digit business account number - the mobile is now well and truly out of contract so I'd like to fix this mess.

This is getting really annoying and I want to move the phone number (ie not change the number) over to be with the rest of my phones/mobiles/broadband on my 13 digit account number.

I don't want to 'port' the number to virgin (or any other company) then back to telstra (as was suggested a few years ago).

Surely Telstra can move this phone number from the 10 digit business to a 13 digit personal account - both are in my name, both the same address, all contracts signed by me.

Has anyone had any success getting this done?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: 10 digit account number

That is a fairly standard request and is certainly something that we can do. As you are changing the name on the account from a business to your own number as a consumer it is a change of legal lessee.

You can organise this in a Telstra store or fill out the relevant form here.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SueC
Level 2: Rookie

Re: 10 digit account number

OK - I'll go back to the store and try again.

We changed it to my name 3 years ago but they couldn't (at least they said they couldn't) move it over to the account that I have in the 13 digit system so I now have 2 accounts both in my name one in 10 digit business, one in 13 digit consumer.

So - based on what you've said I'll retry.

BTW - I filled out the relevant forms 3 years ago :-)

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now