Captainserious
Level 2: Rookie

$20 Mobile Member Plan

Just received my Bill issued on 4 Sept 2019. The $20 Mobile Member Plan has gone up by $5. No notification was ever received for this increase or information of what the new $25 plan includes.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: $20 Mobile Member Plan

Some of the older plan's had an increase in price.

You should have been notified.

I suggest speaking to the Billing team on 132200 or via Live Chat to find out what extra's you get for the increase.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Captainserious

Customer Support are going to reissue my notification that took effect from 18 August 2019.

Captainserious

I now have been advised that I do not receive any extra Benefit for the increase. I think that Telstra has out priced themselves as competitors can still offer $10.99 plans using the same network and inclusions. For $24.99 a competitor can offer extra 10GB of data and unlimited calls to 15  countries.

Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

@Captainserious wrote:

I now have been advised that I do not receive any extra Benefit for the increase. I think that Telstra has out priced themselves as competitors can still offer $10.99 plans using the same network and inclusions. For $24.99 a competitor can offer extra 10GB of data and unlimited calls to 15  countries.

@Captainserious Every mvno that Telstra allows to use its network has their ifs and buts.

Which is also why Telstra has their little brother Belong Mobile to challenge them while keeping their own premium network offers (Such as 5G, 4GX, Telstra Plus, Live Pass, Apple Music, to name a few).

Its a buyers market :-)

Go Tiges!
Highlighted
Captainserious

Being in a country area for decades we had no other choice than Telstra thus in am a customer of theirs for 49 years. The most they could do is recognize their Loyal customers and save having another billing system placed on them because they wish not to compete. This also applies to their new connections to the NBN where they now only offer two speeds even when you have FTTC or FTTP.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now