MarkScarfe
Level 4: Private Eye

28 Days Prepaid Expiry

Answered

I joined Telstra prepaid Max on a $30 regard last month. My current month expires on 6 May and it says I have one day left. Does that mean I can recharge on 6 May or do I have to do it today?

Also, if I set fo an auto recharge for the 6th each month, the 28 day expire will come before that day. Does this mean Ill get disconnected/lose data bank etc? Or will Telstra extend me to the 6th each month, therefore making the 28 day expiry longer?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: 28 Days Prepaid Expiry

If you auto recharge each month the 28 day expiry is extended so that the expiry falls on the same day each month so. It will not get disconnected and you will not lose data bank.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Pre-Paid-Mobiles/Auto-monthly-recharge-on-30-28-day-prepaid/t...

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Hi MarkScarfe,

cf4 is correct that the day's will be extended and you won't lose anything. 

To answer your other question:

If your recharge is going to expire on the 6th you should have received an sms from Telstra around the 3rd stating that your recharge is going to expire on the 6th, and it should show a time that it has to be recharged by on that date.

My recharge ($40/35 day's) expired on the 11th last month...I received the sms on the 8th...and I recharged at 7pm on the 11th.

This is the sms I received.

Hi, just letting you know that your credit, Data, Unltd Calls & Text and Unltd Intl Calls are going to expire at 11:59:59 PM AEST on Apr 11, 2019. For recharge options, please visit m.telstra.com

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

If you auto recharge each month the 28 day expiry is extended so that the expiry falls on the same day each month so. It will not get disconnected and you will not lose data bank.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Pre-Paid-Mobiles/Auto-monthly-recharge-on-30-28-day-prepaid/t...

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi MarkScarfe,

cf4 is correct that the day's will be extended and you won't lose anything. 

To answer your other question:

If your recharge is going to expire on the 6th you should have received an sms from Telstra around the 3rd stating that your recharge is going to expire on the 6th, and it should show a time that it has to be recharged by on that date.

My recharge ($40/35 day's) expired on the 11th last month...I received the sms on the 8th...and I recharged at 7pm on the 11th.

This is the sms I received.

Hi, just letting you know that your credit, Data, Unltd Calls & Text and Unltd Intl Calls are going to expire at 11:59:59 PM AEST on Apr 11, 2019. For recharge options, please visit m.telstra.com

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now