Highlighted
NN1111
Level 2: Rookie

6 months and no resolution or anyone contacting me about an overcharge! i'm getting harassed Telstra

It's been over 6 months since I received an overcharge from Telstra with regards to data consumed whilst I had a valid travel pass. 

I have called Telstra on many occasions, always with the same response that it was initially being investigated, then resolved and that I would be expecting a credit. But, the credit was visible on the Telstra system but could not be activated for a month (the continued for many months) and that I was to ignore my bill for an overdue payment. 

All of this whilst I accrued ongoing late payment fees and received 3 consistent phone calls a day from the Telstra overdue payment department. 

I then found out that I had to make a seperate call to put a "hold" on the overdue payment phone calls (that honestly got to the point that I have been traumatised) whilst the above item (although aparently resolved) was still listed as being a current investigation. 

Recently, this hold on the phone calls "expired" and I had started receiving this barrage of phone calls from the overdue payment department with no outcome as to the original over charge that I had been assured on many occasions was resolved and was simply waiting to be applied to my account. 

I have recently tried to leave a formal complaint over the phone only to be told that the complaints department had limited hours and were not open to take my request. I then tried to leave a formal complaint through the website (as no Telstra email address is provided) only to encounter Telstra error messages. 

Do I honestly need to fax you Telstra? 

I have just received this message via email:

"Just letting you know we ve applied a credit to your account for the amount of $1510.13 on 13 06 2017 08:34:32 AM. To avoid a late payment fee, please pay your total bill minus the $1510.13 credit by the due date of your current bill."

Why do I have to do this calculation for you? Why is this still not resolved and what guarentee do I have that even if I do pay the residual monies, that this does not include the accrued late payment fees that are now irrelevant? What guarentee is there that this credit amount will be applied to my account given that this had been agreed over 6 months ago and I have been patiently waiting a month at a time for this to be applied as promised?

Can I honestly ask a Telstra representative why it is ok to receive multiple phone calls every day about an overdue amount, that once investigated with your representative over the phone, is politely resolved. Yet I can't get into contact with a single Telstra representative equiped to provide some form of outcome? Why can I be harrassed and traumatised and be left with a "fill out this online form and we will get back to you soon"? How is that even ok?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
NN1111

Re: 6 months and no resolution or anyone contacting me about an overcharge! i'm getting harassed Tel

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 5.00.04 pm.png

NN1111

Re: 6 months and no resolution or anyone contacting me about an overcharge! i'm getting harassed Tel

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 5.16.36 pm.png

Level 21: Augmented

@NN1111

Maybe these guys can help get you in touch with the right section of the company

Telecommunications Ombudsman

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs
Support Team
Support Team

Re: 6 months and no resolution or anyone contacting me about an overcharge! i'm getting harassed ...

Thanks for the post and feedback. 

It is not good to read of your on-going issue relating to overdue charges, definitely a matter that should have been resolved at the first point of contact. Please chat with us at http://tel.st/hsc3 so we can securely access your account, investigate and discuss further. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

NN1111

Re: 6 months and no resolution or anyone contacting me about an overcharge! i'm getting harassed ...

Hi Dani,

I just tried the chat and spoke to a Bharvin. This is very similar to evey telephone conversation that I've had with Telstra over a 6 month period. Repeat the story, discuss the situation, wait for more details, speak to a manager, apologise for the incident. 

There is yet to be a resolution. I still have a severe bill and an email asking me to make my own deductions. No clarity as to the current situation or status. No direct contact with any Telstra representative. Still no mechanism to leave an official complaint. 

I'd also like to add that Telstra disconnected my phone in April. This happened without notice even with an active investigation, hold on calls from your overdue payments department and a verbal agreement with a Telstra representative that there was nothing to worry about and that it would be resolved months ago. 

I have just checked my bill and I am now upset that Telstra charged be a reconnection fee and late payment fee. How is this even possible? Surely there is 1 person I can speak to who can fix all of this up. Or am I better off canceling this contract and going elsewhere?

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 11.00.19 pm.png

Support Team
Support Team

Hi NN1111, 

Disappointing to hear that Billing team has not been able to resolve this for you. 

A formal complaint can be lodged via these options: Lodging a complaint with Telstra

From there a Complaint Case Manager will be assigned to help resolve. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

NN1111

Thanks Dani, but as you can see from my posts above, there is a consistent error every time I try to lodge a complaint. 

I am overseas at the moment, will I be charged for calling the 'outside Australia' number? and if i do call, are they open now or is that the department with specific opening hours?

What I would really appreciate is an email address for the complaints department. The link listed under "email" is not an email. It is the initial online complaints form that does not work. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 11.29.21 pm.png

NN1111

Hi Dani,

I have just tried again. it did not work again. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 11.42.32 pm.png

NN1111

Apologies, I was responding to IvanS, not Dani. 

Support Team
Support Team

The page looks to load ok. 

Have you been able to try different browsers? Or can you clear the cache and cookies of the browser that you use? 

NN1111

Hi Ivan,

I have tried with both Firefox and Google Chrome. 

The cache and cookies have been cleared and I tried again with no success. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 12.21.01 am.png

Support Team
Support Team

Are you able to get the webform here:  www.telstra.com/24x7help to load and advise of the SR reference number once details are submitted? 

NN1111

Thanks Ivan!

NN1111

What happens from here?

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that. 

I have requested follow up from our Complaints team, you should hear back within 3-5 business days. 

Let us know how you go. 

Marnick
Level 1: Cadet

Probably nothing, I submitted a complaint they replied but I am still being charged, Telstra customer service and accounts department are disgraceful good luck you will need it
KevinPM
Level 1: Cadet

I know exactly how you feel. All talk, no action.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi KevinPM

Do you have an outstanding issue at present?

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now