CrowdSupport®
Markrrrrrrr
Level 1: Cadet

60 second ring time before divert to voicemail

Used to have iPhone 6 set to 60 seconds. Got iPhone 6s two weeks ago and Telstra reset to 30 seconds. They are telling me 30 seconds is new max. This is ridiculous for Apple Watch users who might be in garden etc. and need more time to get into house to take the call on the handset.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero

Re: 60 second ring time before divert to voicemail

Hello Mark

You've come up with a "doozy" !!  Smiley LOL

I've been a mobile subscriber since Day 1 in 1963 and there has never been a diversion delay time  time longer than 30 seconds, comprised 5 second increments with a minimum of 5 seconds and a maximum of 30 seconds.

I really, genuinely  can't understand how you got 60 seconds, and I worked for 2 manufactuers actually testing and signing off all pre-release tests and software upgrade tests.

You have me stumped.

The 30 seconds maximum  is nothing new. It's always been the maximum.

The only caveat is......Unless it changed in recent years without me knowing and changed back, but I'm sure someone would have told me.

I would almost have a wager on it !!!! Smiley Happy

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Level 20: Director

Re: 60 second ring time before divert to voicemail

Hi, @Markrrrrrrr and @ProfessorPhone.

The latest Telstra divert times are as follows:

LANDLINE5 seconds to 55 seconds.

MOBILE: 15 seconds to 30 seconds in 5 second increments (15, 20, 25 and 30).

I hope that clarifies.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit