Conrad1
Level 1: Cadet

ACCESSORY REPAYMENT OPTION - MISLEAD BY TELSTRA STAFF IN STORE

Unfortunately it seems like this has been an issue for a number of Telstra customers. I have been changed $15/month for what I was told was free as part of a promotion when I signed up for my current plan. I signed up at the Casuarina store in Darwin when I was up there for work, but I’ve since returned to Sydney. Unfortunately this means that it’s difficult for me to approach that store directly. I visited a store in the Sydney CBD where I was advised to contact billing. When I contacted billing I was told that there is nothing that can be done.

I’m extremely disappointed in the service up to this point, especially when the issue has been caused by a few accessories which are now sitting in a drawer because they’re things which I would never have purchased out of my own pocket.

After reviewing the threads on this site, clearly something can be done about this and I’m hoping that someone can help me receive the same fair treatment. I’d really like to be able to put this behind me.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: ACCESSORY REPAYMENT OPTION - MISLEAD BY TELSTRA STAFF IN STORE

Hello @Conrad1 Welcome to CrowdSupport.

I am sorry to hear that you're unhappy. While this is a peer support forum I can advise that even items provided under special offers will still appear on your bills. This is required. You'll see the full charges, and then any discounts will be applied separately on the bill. 

Also, when in store you may have been offered the service and provided with a total minimum monthly cost combined, however this often won't appear as a single figure on the bill and you'll be able to see the separate elements and charges that make up that total cost you agreed to for all inclusions. 

I hope this helps! 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now