Highlighted
Xxx5
Level 1: Cadet

Academy on the Move

Answered
For the last few weeks, I have been receiving text messages saying that I have subscribed to Academy on the Move costing me $8.99/wk charged to my bill.
I did not sign up to this and want to opt out. It has been taking money from my prepaid account.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Academy on the Move

To opt out, you either send STOP in reply to the message, or you can go to 19sms.com.au and enter the number into the search field to get the contact details of the company.

You should then ring 132200 (for post paid accounts), 1258888 (for prepaid) and get Premium Services blocked on your account.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
ninjadaniel

I just got an SMS from these folks as well, when I try to sms STOP to the opt out number it says I will incur SMS charges!! argh what is going on?

Accepted Solution

To opt out, you either send STOP in reply to the message, or you can go to 19sms.com.au and enter the number into the search field to get the contact details of the company.

You should then ring 132200 (for post paid accounts), 1258888 (for prepaid) and get Premium Services blocked on your account.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
stopbeingdodgy

I got this same SMS.

How is Telstra allowing third party charges to our accounts without our confirmation?

If you get a bill for this make sure they reverse it.

If you never consented to this third party addition they shouldn't just allow other companies to charge you without your confirmation, this is scam being supported by Telstra by allowing third parties just to charge you.

Support Team
Support Team

If a premium SMS subscription has been signed up on your service the best course of action is to follow the instructions in the SMS you've received regarding cancellation - this usually involved texting the word 'Stop' to a particular number. You can find contact details for the content provider in question via 19sms.com.au to lodge a complaint about the subscription, and if any fees are charged on your next bill our teams on 13 22 00 or via online chat at  http://tel.st/49kl can help remove them.

From December 3 Telstra will no longer offer account billing as an option for third-party content and subscriptions - more information can be found at https://exchange.telstra.com.au/making-right-call-third-party-subscription-services/.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now