CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
evilfunkydude
Level 4: Private Eye

Access to my notes on telstra

Answered

How do i get access to notes about me taken by call centres or other telstra call people,i understand there is a privacy number but ive lost,and of course the call centres cant seem to find the relevent details for that area to speak to

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Access to my notes on telstra

Maybe this might help;

If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on 1800 039 059 between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please note that this number is not for general service enquiries. Alternatively, you can write to privacy@online.telstra.com.au

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Maybe this might help;

If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on 1800 039 059 between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please note that this number is not for general service enquiries. Alternatively, you can write to privacy@online.telstra.com.au

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

evilfunkydude

thanx for that appreciate it,am trying it now hopefully they can help but so far no good,i got put through to messagebank for some dumb reason

evilfunkydude

okay telstra you need to lift your game,ive now been put through to another wrong department how hard is it to speak to someone in the privacy section

NorfolkEnchance
Level 1: Cadet

Dont hold your breath.. I have requested on 3 seperate occasions for my Notes and HAVE NEVER ever received them. Wrote a letter to a postal address and everything..

Seriously i have privacy concerns about Telstra...

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi NorfolkExchange,

Have we gotten back to you with reasons for the delay and/or inability to provide you with the notes?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Desertlive
Level 2: Rookie

Hello,

Telstrra must live in lala land. I am entering my 5 th month of being deceived, pressured, confused, put on a contract without consent, removed from it and charged for breaking it, put on apackage, package removed, package reinstated. Within 10 days I had 3 different and unjust statements on what they say I owe - hundreds of dollars. I was told I had been paid compensation towards my direct costs, then that I wasn't eligible, then that it had been paid and it had been deducted from the outstanding (?) bill, then that it hadn't been paid and then another couple of hundred was added for goodness knows what. 

Original problem? I was unplugged at the node and plugged back incorrectly. The techs didn't do their job. Telstra assumed it was a billing issue and changed everything without telling me - including a contract. Complaints officer told me I was imaging it. It took Ombudsmans intervention to get me plugged back correctly after 6 weeks. The billing issue is unresolved. Promises and assurances mean nothing. 

i have now spoken to 62 DIFFERENT people to try to get some sense. 

As a senior, this is distressing to say the least and I.end up sick and in tears.

Am I making this up? Certainly not. I have detailed notes on every conversation from January  on and will follow it through with the Ombudsman. The complaints managers response to all this -  'Can't comment' and puts me on another package.

Carol

Desertlive

Ps. Further to the message below : I asked for a copy of a complaint as the operator did not have good English. I was told I could have reference number but could not be sent a transcript of the complaint. Previously I has asked for a complaint to be read back and it was completely wrong. I had to dictate it word by word. It was a waste of time. No one took any notice anyway.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Carol, my apologies for the poor experience and I hope a suitable solution can be provided for you soon. While we're not able to access accounts or make changes to services directly via posts on these forums I can help further if you can provide more information through our secure link at  www.telstra.com/24x7help

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Desertlive

Hello,

Thank you but having now tried to deal with over 60 people ( I can name them) I cannot face adding more, going through it all again with the same nil result. I have wasted far too much time and expense already and it has had a major impact on my health and daily life .  It has been escalated with the Ombudsman. Every small step forward takes Ombudsmans intervention. Then we go backwards and then it's Ombudsmans intervention to try to sort it out again.

The cooperation has been all on my side.No one follows things up, no one calls me back, I am left to find out what's changed on my account by myself. Information I am given is continually revoked as incorrect and if I hear the word 'sorry, again I'll scream. Sorry doesn't fix anything. I have been deceived, pressured and billed for Telstra's incompetence and illegal transactions. Fortunately I have kept careful documentation which can be verified from Telstrra recordings. Telstra notes are inadequate and who is going to record that they have just put me on a contract without my knowledge, or changed my package secretly and expressly against my instructions? Even one of the Telstra staff said it was 'past a joke' but still did nothing to correct it.

Only one officer and her supervisor have helped me, but within a week that was also over-ridden and I was changed for the changes. I could go on .....

Equally worrying is that a friend is going over to NBN under the same conditions I did and am now told it was incorrect, sorry, When I raised it I was told he wouldn't be able to keep the conditions he's signing up to. I asked, so who will take responsibility for the misleading information and the reply from Telstra complaints officer was 'I don't know'. 

Carol

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now