Highlighted
Dave691
Level 2: Rookie

Accessory Repayment Option and Telstra Mobile Assure

I have just checked my bill and found that I'm being charged $25 per month for ARO and TMA. I never agreed to these charges and was specifically told by the sales assistant that I could choose $300 worth of accessories in store for free. I queried this and was assured twice that there was no charge for the accessories. Please explain!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Accessory Repayment Option and Telstra Mobile Assure

Do you have a credit on the service as well? 

Sometimes what they will do is have a $10 ARO and then it will be balanced off with a $10 credit, so technically it is being charged but at a effective rate of $0 per month, it is a bit of a bad habit that some of the licensed partner stores do... If it was not meant to be done or has not been balanced with a credit (thus making it technically true that you are paying nothing) then your best bet is to go back to the store and sort it out with the agent/manager or failing that lodge an official complaint so that the complaints team can investigate for you.

With Mobile Assure that is the insurance-like coverage for the swap plans, my understanding is that can be removed at any time so the billing team or if you are going back to the store to question the ARO then they should be able to remove it too.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Dave691
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Accessory Repayment Option and Telstra Mobile Assure

Thanks DrQ I'll check it out,

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now