CrowdSupport®
Ausrob155
Level 1: Cadet

Accessory charges from Franchise Sores

Hi... just checking if anyone else has had accessory charges from Franchise stores?

When re contracting I went to a Telstra store, that I didn't realize was a franchise. Was given a free screen protector and wireless charger when signing up.  Only to realize they have been charging me $10/month for them. That adds up to $240 over the life of the contract.... have been duped badly!

Telstra call centres are no help at all....

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Accessory charges from Franchise Sores

This has been reported several times by other customers. It may be a technique by a few unscrupulous sales people

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Accessory charges from Franchise Sores

Hello again,

Have you spoken to the owner of the licensed store?

I forgot to mention that you could lodge a complaint, and take it further if you want to. Below is a link to your options.  

A few years ago, Telstra did have a specific phone number for problems with stores, but that's not  the case now.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/account-billing/manage-account/our-complaints-handling-p...

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now