CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
dalgetypete
Level 1: Cadet

Account churn by Telstra

Answered

I recently was called by a Telstra subsidiary and advised by CSO that my mobile contract had expired and I need to renew. I said OK provided the same rates are provided and asked if it could be cheaper (was $30 pm - I live and work in a Telstra blackspot 8k from town so the mobile is only for when you go into town once a  week). CSO said sure $6 discount. This was a business account with a very good bonus option - 15c/30sec calls between 7am and 7pm. He agreed this was very good rate and that I should keep it. When my next bill arrived 1 month later call charges had gone through the roof and I discover the CSO had churned me onto a personal plan. Bonus option has been deleted of course.

About 1 hour on the phone to support (no its not business (CSO2) you need to ring personal (CSO3) and explain it all again) and I get - "well I can submit a form to try and reverse it but it will take 2 full billing cycles to be processed and it may not be approved." as well as "there will be a cancellation fee if you want to change plans". Yes the nice girl offered me a discount on the current bill, but now the charges are still way up and what chance they will be corrected if and when the form is finally approved/processed. And I'm sure the response will be "we cannot offer that bonus option any more because its an old plan."

very frustrated long term customer - 15 years with mobilenet - first analog now digital. I would love to listen to the recording of the Telstra employee and his churn speil - how many others have been caught by this and not realised. 

from a blackspot - 1.5 hrs from Canberra. we needed NBN and will get nothing now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Account churn by Telstra

Heya dalgetypete,

Welcome to CrowdSupport, I'm sorry that it has taken such an experience for you to reach out to us. :\

Sounds like something has definitely gone awry with your mobile billing charges and we'd be keen to check it out.

As it is a Business Mobile Service, the best thing to do would be to have a chat with our 24x7 Business Live Chat Team

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Account churn by Telstra

Heya dalgetypete,

Welcome to CrowdSupport, I'm sorry that it has taken such an experience for you to reach out to us. :\

Sounds like something has definitely gone awry with your mobile billing charges and we'd be keen to check it out.

As it is a Business Mobile Service, the best thing to do would be to have a chat with our 24x7 Business Live Chat Team

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now