CrowdSupport®
HumbleServant
Level 1: Cadet

Account disabled despite fully paid

Hoping someone else has encountered this bizarre little setback:

I have a post-paid account for a home (cable) bundle. Always pay on time, usually early. Yesterday our internet dropped out and after the typical hardware resets and checks, I discovered that my Telstra Bigpond account was suspended. Incredibly, Telstra knows that I am up to date with payments as seen in the dashboard:

Slide1.jpeg

Nonetheless, as it is after 9 pm and the Chat Now function takes you on an endless loop that never lets you chat to someone or answers your queries, I called the phone number to resolve this. I was immediately put into the overdue bill process as soon as I entered my account number. The automated service then directed me to enter my credit card details without telling me how much they would deduct.

Nonetheless, I went through the online portal and pre-paid my next bill (a month in advance) and still the suspension is on my account.

I'm not sure if someone at Telstra has gone rogue and decided to play a crazy joke on me (I'm impressed if they have!) but it is incredibly frustrating to get a suspended account without any warning or notification from Telstra and despite an up-to-date account.

Any assistance with this will be appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Account disabled despite fully paid

Hi @HumbleServant,

It's very concerning to see that there would be any form of barring or suspension on your account if your bills are not overdue.  

If you are yet to speak to our Billing team directly for assistance, they can be reached any time via secure Live Chat here:  https://tel.st/al653

If you are initially having some issues in being transferred by the virtual assistant, please respond with the word 'consultant' and you will be connected to a team member. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now