CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ZZ3R0
Level 1: Cadet

Adding a second handset to an account

Answered

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to add a second handset to my account without recontracting? When I was with 3, I was having issues with a blackberry and requested a new phone without restarting my contract. They gave me a second phone and added the handset charge to it for the remainder of the contract. Just want to know if I can do this with Telstra.

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Adding a second handset to an account

Hey ZZ3R0,

Not really as you would have to pay out the damaged handset and then start a new contract with the new handset to receive the discount on the new handset as a part of the 24 month offer. You can always purchase a new handset outright and have the SIM used in this device and keep the same contract in place.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hey ZZ3R0,

Not really as you would have to pay out the damaged handset and then start a new contract with the new handset to receive the discount on the new handset as a part of the 24 month offer. You can always purchase a new handset outright and have the SIM used in this device and keep the same contract in place.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

ZZ3R0
Level 1: Cadet

Hi DingoDan,

Thanks for your answer. I will have to go buy another handset as I still have around 12 months until my contract is up.

Cheers!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now