CrowdSupport®
BWare
Level 1: Cadet

Allowing account access to family

Can anybody tell me how I can give account access to my mother? Or how I can provide some bank details to telstra?

I have moved out of the country and now there is an outstanding amount Telstra owes me and wants bank details but my mother is trying to access my account and they will not allow her to speak to a consultant.

Unfortunately I am unable to call Telstra directly and as my account is already closed I am unable to access the MyAccount service .

Can somebody help, even if it is just an email service I could speak to Telstra with?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Allowing account access to family

Not sure you'll do it without talking to a telstra rep. I would've thought that a rep could bring up the details then forward you to the relevant area? How did telstra request you for bank details, can't you follow the same process? Normally (in the past) they send out a cheque on closed accounts with credit.

https://livechat.telstra.com/ maybe try live chat and as them the questions as it's guess work on this open public forum.

Cheers,
Dave

BWare
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks I assumed they would just send a check as well but I guess that is just too easy.

They sent a bill and had a request for deposit details.

Very frustrating they don't even have an email contact to get in touch with them.

Thanks for your help, I am trying the live chat!

Support Team
Support Team

Hey BWare, 

You can add authorised representatives via LiveChat here: http://tel.st/49kl  and generally once an account is fully closed off we can issue a cheque. You can update your address and have the account closed off via chat to receive your cheque in the post  Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now