CrowdSupport®
Snipper2015
Level 2: Rookie

Another Ig8 Pty Ltd Scam

Answered

Well whats so unusual about sitting here in front of the PC waiting to chat (Queue number 25) and ringing Telstra at the same time and not even getting told what position I am in the Queue. Then after 25 minutes being dropped off.

Then ringing back and this time saying "complaints' only to be put throught someone at least who then claims he is with Billing, "thats ok I say this refers to billing anyway" and off I go telling him how I have just spent the last 2 hours waiting to speak to someone so at least I have a human on the phone involved with Billing so he can hear it.

Then I give him the why have I just realised last night looking at my latest bill that I have been getting an IG8 pty ltd charge of $6.60 on my account for the last 6 months. I dont subscribe to anything, I dont download music, ringtones, in fact if you looked at my data usage it would be clear I use the phone to make Phone calls and the occasional sms.

I would probably use 5% of the data plan (the basic lowest data pack I could get)

This was something I never agreed to or wanted, hell I use my phone for phone calls and sms and thats all...I think one of the unsolicited random sms's Telstra has let through to my phone advising me I have malware or have subscribed to something and if I want to stop it blah blah just replay "STOP" if I did not want the service...I think the word "STOP" actually acknowledges your a human being and it really means start.

I have worked in IT security for years I dont subscribe to anything, I close those sms's and then find out why I got one in the first place. I tell my wife nad kids never to enter competitions or anything...just the world is full of rip offs and there is no such thing as a FREE something..or a cheap something. Just close those things.

I only picked this up as I recognised the same amount $6.60 from a previous month and wondered what exactly this was?

No sooner did I type in the web IG8 Pty Ltd did I read it had happened to so many other people and it was a well known scam. So I rang the number and got the expected responce that I had read others were getting, "I will raise a cheque for the 6 monthly charges of $6.60 and you will receive a cheque in about 15 days..I thought "its funny you can pass a charge onto my phone bill automatically but you have to raise a cheque for a refund "All I was hearing was ******** That was verified when he could and would not even give me a first name or a reference for the call yet he wanted my email, my mobile, name address etc:. I then asked am I getting a reference for this call by email "no we dont do that sir" then I said "When then why the hell did you want my email address?"

I said "cancel it now and refund it now" I then told him I read and knew all about this companies activities, and I was getting the same BS responses I had read about earier. 

Then I followed the Telstra link barring any further Third Party charges onto my phone.(That in itself is riddiculous I have to stop something manually that should be stopped by default)

I then raised a complaint with Telstra and got one of their SR1-8 Referenece numbers (I have learned from previous experiences with Telstra that unless its in writing it never really happened.

Note for all -- (Keep a log of your phone calls, times, who you stpoke to and save your Online chats as PDF's they were invaluable for me in previous dealings.

Oh yes I have a long history of the phone calls claiming "You can rest assured it will be fixed",  or the "I will put a note of this call and reference to what will be done on your account" Then further calls show nothing was done, nothing was written on my account, even knowing it's the same name and voice and then getting denials that it was them you spoke to and this is the first they know about it, or the "I will ring you back shortly" or the absolute worst "I will transfer you to the right area only to be cut off when you have been on the phone for ages and then only option is having to start the whole process again..

Yea I have heard and seen it all from Telstra, Telstra is an absolute mess as any simple change usually results in you wasting a day or two on the phone trying to fix up the mess you find on your next bill. I have a folder on my pc loaded with chat transcripts, logged calls, complaints. You name it any simple Account change that a 10 year old could do always results in 2-4 weeks of nothing but stress. But this time I crossed my fingers would be different, now I can tell already Telstra nd I will go to war yet again.

Day 2 (Today)

Heard nothing about my complaint I raised last night so I picked up the phone and told the Mrs you better leave me be for a few hours I am about to ring Telstra. "We are experiencing a larger then normal call message" oh yea I forgot this Monday so they would also be dealing with Sundays complains as well as Todays. Repetitive think music, no robotic come back where you are automatically given a chance to enter your number and someone will call you back message"  (as if I would believe that one anyway). No "we apologise for the delay you are ## in the queue" I got nothing, but music then silience when I relaised the no music was because I was just cut off.

So I rang back and also sat in front of the PC and raised a chat at the same time (yes!! I would have two chances to win in the Telstra lottery today) I am only chat rank number 25, 30 minutes later I was 14, then I woke up to the beep I was connected sitting in my chair. That was after eating my lunch there and sitting staring at the number countdown that never moved. When my queue number dropped I just believed it was not people getting served it was people dying of boredom waiting for their number to come up and as one by one they said "Screw this" and left I was climbing the cvorporate ladder of succes at Telstra.

I was afraid any involvement in my own life at this time would result in me losing my position and I would go to the Start in the Telstra 'Snakes and Ladders' Chat Board game. When people leave you go up, if you think your going to grab anything related to a toilet break or anything that pulls you away from that screen you will miss the "hello what can I do for you today message"

During this chat waiting I actually got through on the phone to someone who straight away just wanted to transfer me, I said ":No way I been transferred many times when ringing Telstra I am just happy I have a human being to talk to, all I get when transferred is having to tell my story from the start or accidently hung up when being transferred or the dreaded "I dont know why they put you through here, let me try that again for you" NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The game is called Musical Chairs they have to quickluy pass you on and not get caught with you when the music stops or they will have to deal with yet another happy Telstra customer who only rang to tell them what a wonderful job they and Telstra are doing. (has there ever been one person ou there satisfied I wonder, because in the whole 44 years since I first heard the name Telstra spoken, I dont think I have ever met ANYONE who had anything nice to say about them, everyone seems to have their own horror story to tell. Wow thats a 100% 44 year customer hit rate of customer satisfaction, well you do sometimes get satifaction and it fixed from Telstra but I can guarantee taking your blood pressure before and after a Telstra dealing  you would see a significant difference, I calculate every dealing I have had probably takes a few days off my life, hmmm 'Telstra' would be a nice name for a packet of cigarettes, I think they both pretty much give you the same result to your lifespan.

Finaly I was in .So I pasted half of the story I put in the novel length complain from the night before, and how someone rude on the phone would not get someone to ring me, if I wanted speak to someone I would have to forgo makign any money myself today and tell my story over and over to many people who would just transfer me to another until I weakened and left battle woulded and maybe might have the strength to come back for another attack another day. I  told him how I had just spent 10 hours of my life yesterday and today trying to get someone to tell me the answer to this riddle.

How is it I can go to my online bank and do a payment transfer to someone, and my bank then sends me an SMS with a unique code that I must enter in the bank transaction to complete that payment or it wont happen.

That code comes on my phone courtesy of you the Mobile Carrier and unless I enter that code nothing happens.

YET You the mobile phone carrier who sends me that bank SMS can put any Third Party charge on my phone account that I neither agreed to, wanted or know anything about and I then have to put myself through 2 days of nothing but a sore ear trying to get it removed.

Or told I have raised a request for credit for $6.60 (not the $6.60 x 6 months = $39.60 I had just spent 24 talking about andf that they (not IG8 TELSTRA has been paid by me paying my Telstra bill to them not IG8.

I said I have read 5 pages of complains about these Third Party unsolicited tricks (Malware) Scams going on peoples account and you (Telstra) have done absolutly nothing about it. Why because for every 10 people that see it, 10 more dont. So to me allowing this to continue is wrong then the ACCC not stopping these scams operating. What your doing is like someone knowingly buying a stolen car from a criminal for the parts. Is the criminal the biggest criminal here or the person who knows it's stolen and buys it therefore encouaging the criminal to go and get another?.  

Then telling me I have to try and get the money back from IG8 Pty Ltd (But I never paid IG8 I paid Telstra my money didn't I?) Does that mean if I buy a shirt from Big W now if it tears on day one I shoul.d book a flight to China to try and get my money back because once I have handed the money over it's then not Big W's responsibility?

Shame on you Telstra, this to me is Day 2 of my latest fight that I will NOT back away from, its only Day 2 and I am not stopping until this fraud you allow to continue stops as well. Not a solitary thing has been done by you to stop this, why? any smart person knows why.

NO I dont accept your insulting $10 credit offer for the 12 hours of my life wasted today, (I never knew I was worth $1 an hour until today, normally I get 60 times that. So it's a shame this is where Telstra now sits on this. I have easily spent 14+ hours on this already and I have only just started.

Tomorrow it happens to someone else, I know it, you know it and everyone on here knows it too.

One day when other Internet providors can and do offer services that you (now) have the 'only service currently available' monopoly on. I will gladly stand there smiling watching them leave you one by one because whoever is running this company should stand down immediatly. Telstra is a complete mess, getting worst every year and I think you will be very surprised when NBN options start opening up to people you have treated so badly for so many years.

PS: I am a Telstra Shareholder and now ashamed to continue any further financial involvment with you as this is not run like any company I want to put my money in anymore, again you should be ashamed of yourself.

Any TV stations out there want the bigger story to all this and how rudely I was dealt with today feel free and call me as I am not stopping until it is stopped . This is the straw that broke my back and definetly picked the wrong person to think I will sit down now. Do you really think I would accept being treated like another person you can try and blame for this, No I am not to blame, IG8 are not even the real bad guys here, You are Telstra. Your the second hand dealer who turns a blind eye to where it came from and puts it out the back for a few months and then profits from other people who are behaving badly and getting people to pay for things they might not even know about until its too late.

Show yourself as the company I once thought was the telecommunications leader here.

1/ Stop any transactions that can not be confirmed or verified being passed onto mobile phone accounts.

2/ Dont make people chase their money back, you know this is happening, grow a pair and look after your customers and make it your responsibility to get it back for them, hell you took it from them, so made the mistake of taking something from someone, its your problwem not anyone elses, so you give it back and if you dont want to continue giving it back to people, then stop throwing silastic on it, seal up the leak and stop or your customers are gonna leave you like never before when this happens to more and more people.

3/ Make anything that even involves a 1c change to anyone's account "OFF' by default and only allowed to be switched on by a person of responsible age.

4/ Make every transaction charge that involves people paying anything on their account only completed with a verification code, (you do it for the banks, so that should take you 15 minutes to implement).

What happened to me is not even about the money anymore, now I am fighting the crusades and wont wont stop until the MAD KING who lets this criminal behaviour continue is dethroned and thrown off the board and this company is ran by an honest King again...I think someone like **bleep** Smith would be perfect for the job, seems he wants Australia to flourish, the way Telstra is being run now I cant see any financial benefit in investing in a company that has lost all direcion and moral standing..

Also where the hell are the Night's Watch who are meant to pledge their lives to stand and guard the Ice 'Telecommunications' wall, protecting us from these wildlings? Seems like there is noone that wants to stand up and say "yea we ****** up with this but I am making plans to fix it...When people see something is broken they fix it, if they dont their is a reason why..so Mr CEO maybe thats the first question I would ask, why have you not done anthing at all to fix this.because me as a normal Aussie bloke in just one day of reading could see what you think of your customers...Crowdsupport is full of the same think, I could see youyr have a serious problem ina  few hours, but you earning millions of dollars cant? Why dont you put down those golf clubs, have a short 2 hour lunch for one day, get on crowdsupport and read it, then stop trying toi deny you know nothing yhere, you do...Stop making self interest excuses, look at what Telstra's  problems are (and there are plenty) before its too late. Hell I could run this company better then the people running it now and my rate is a lot cheaper then yours too (Telstra currently rate my time as $1 an hour, it's actually now even less after typing this).

PS: Excuse the grammar but the mistakes in there might just relay to you how frustrating this company makes me when I am robbed off another day I could be doing something better then rubbing your nose in it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Another Ig8 Pty Ltd Scam

Hi Snipper2015,

I apologise that this has been the cause of major concern for you. That's not good at all. 

I have contacted the complaints management team asking for them to look at case 'SR 1-818226318834' & have someone contact you. These are normally actioned within 3-5 days of placing a complaint.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Snipper2015,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your concerns and I apologise for your vexation. I agree that it would be frustrating and I am so sorry that you have spent so much time trying to obtain a refund for the charges on your bill.

So that I can be clear, you are still waiting for the refund of $39.60? Have you raised a complaint with us, and if so, what is the reference number for your complaint?

-Georgie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Snipper2015

Yes I am waiting for a refund and a phone call to explain why this is being allowed to happen when there is so many others it has happened to also.

There will be another complaint raised in regards to the absolute rudeness of the person I got on my 23/05/16 41 minute 2 sec phone call. This person never was only interested in giving me the "the once you escalated it to a complaint I can do nothing for you" speech. 3 times I asked him to get someone to ring me instead of me locking up my phone and time with someone from billing who could'nt even be bothered looking at my account. Funny thats what I thought people in billing do?.

In fact from the last chat the person kept talking about them contacting the company in regards to a $6.60 credit. So I doubt they were even listening to me when I was repeatingly saying it was 6 x $6.60 amounts that had been put on my bills. (That information came from my call to IG8, I have yet to pull up my Telstra bills to see if it is in fact something that goes back further then 6 months.

Yes I raised a complaint SR-1-810885041795 on the 22/5/16 and yet again I dont think anyone was even listening to me when I advised them of that or anything else as they asked me if I wanted to raise a complain after I mentioned it was a complaint already and gave them the reference number.

Also the chat person put me on hold to go through the procedure of SMS barring and totally disregarded the fact I told them I had already done that (and had a confirmation email) That reference # SR-1-810881306122

Peter

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the reference details, Peter - I've emailed the case manager in question (Ern) and his team leader to request follow-up contact as soon as he's available next.

Snipper2015

As far as my complaint goes, I received an email notification that the complaint raised 23/05/2016 - SR 1-810885041795 was marked 'resolved' even though absolutly noone had spoken to me or acknowledged anything I had raised.

My initial 41 minute phone call was on the 23/05/2016 (where I asked the person to get someone to call me back as this person did not want to hear it.

Also chat reference 23/05/2016 D739604 which just frustrated me even more that day.

I finally got a phone call 30/05/2016 (7 days later) in responce to me replying to the email where I found out my complaint 23/05/2016 - SR 1-810885041795  had been marked resolved (even though noone had even spoken to me) 

My main focus of that call was to ask how a complaint raised my me, could be marked resolved, surely it should be the person who raises the complaint who marked their complaint as resolved?

The only information I got from that phone call 30/05/2016 - INT1-818007501469 was bad luck you will pay for this thing you know nothing about, it was of absolutly no concern to him that I was not going to be treated like someone who does not know better, neither would I let this go as it was not een about the money anymore, it was about how Telstra had treated me like I was an idiot.

I was told by him that I was repeating myself and I said thats because you have not answered not one of my logical questions and all I wanted was yes/no answers as to what Telstras position was on my concerns. All I got was answers that told me this guy should be in politics as he was not addressing anything I was saying.

So his focus was youu are the blame for this & $40 was going to be the reason a 25+ year customer who spends many thousands a year with Telstra has had enough.

He would not even put a note on my account when asked I wanted them to know this call and many hours had been spent trying to get a straight answer and the only reason I was not paying the current bill or finalizing my dealings weith Telstra completely was waiting for a decision because there was absolutly no way I was gonna wear this charge. So even though he said he was also associated with accounts and there was no benefit to transfer me to accounts he would not put any note there so I would then be calling back to get the $15 overdue charge removed.

The $10 credit Telstra applied (which I didn't even want anyway) was ample and thats all.

So I have raised another complaint 30/05/2016 SR 1-818226318834 as this person 30/05/2016 INT1-818007501469 just made me more determained to waste more of my time and if I go I will go down blazing and as far as it needs,be that closing my association with Telstra, through Court, on TV or whatever but this is all about the principalof the thing now and one thing is for sure, there is ABSOLUTLY no way I am getting stuck with any charge put on my account i did not confirm, approve of even know about.

This person on the Telephone (who told me he was very much the last leg of the ladder of people I could talkj to about this Telstra) quite happily told me the figures involved to close my 26+ year accounts with Telstra and take my Internet, Mobile & Landline elsewhere, yep all over $40 but as I have said to everyone I have spoken to, chatted to etc: over this. I am not a  fool, I am a 52 year old IT professional who has worked with Internet security in the highest security levels out there, so if anyone at Telstra believes I can be made to wear the cost of a malware scam that to me indicated major problems with Telstras mobile security policies and from my dealings over the last seven days customer service, then sorry you have picked the wrong person to think will just get sick of the running around in circles and give in, all I am doing now is collecting data for this experience from numerous (very bad) support dealings and waiting for someone there to put me in contact to someone who recognises I am no fool, no pushover and I would very much like to talk to someone who can answer very basic technical and logical questions that will prove in every way possible a person like me does not get scammed over mobiles, internet or whatever, then told by a people (who were not even born when I first dealt with net related security) that I am the blame for any charge put on my account through any means sms or internet from any company that uses malware type processes to subscribe people (Telstra very much knows about these type companies and should be stopping anyone having the ability to put something they dont know about on their Telstra account)

It seems Telstra have a policy of trying to make people (like me) the blame for the fact there is absolutly NO verification/confirmation process in place for Third Party Charges, these charges are on TELSTRA bills so Telstra should be the only goto point for any charges, not have people running around chasing money that is well documented people will not get back. I really dont know any other company that has forums like Crowdsupport that is full of stories of people having the exact same problem and nothing is being done to stop it?.

The two most laughable things said in the phone call 30/05/2015 was "contacted the company involved" I said "Hello I have said this 5 times already "I did that before I even spoke to Telstra 22/05/2015 are you even listening to me?" Then followed by "You should be speaking to your service providor about this"

My answer "Hello I am ....my service provider is you?" seriously this was the scope of the conversation and why this person accused me of repeating myself...seriously where do Telstra hire these people from who clearly are reading from a laminated card of responses to give and technically they are not even at a level of understanding real logical technical problems, so then I womnder if their ability to not give an answer is they dont want to acknowledge Telstra is the blame for this not me, or they dont have the answers because they have absolutly no idea what your talking about?  

So thats why I tear my hair out and where it stands as of yesterday, if this persons response is Telstras final absolute decision then please just say yes, I can close this blog, edit this story from start to finish and let the world judge if they would get to a point of frustration as I have now where person A says we will sort this out, person B disagress, person C says "your wearing it the END" person D says let me look at it, but PERSON 0 (me) justs wants to know if I am getting this charge removed (by Telstra) or am I wearing this $40 because if thats the case I will make only one further call to Telstra to follow INT1-818007501469 advisement as I am done.

Basically thats this comes down to, I have spent about 20 hours now already on this so all I want to know is someone going to tell me $40 is immediately coming off my account or not, thats all I want to know, a final, final, final, absolute final decision from someone is our business relationship finished over $40....yes or no. 

Because paying that $40 would now make me a fool that has allowed themselves to be bullied into submission by children put in adult job positions who have absolutly no idea how to speak to people anymore. or is it further up the chain where these people are trained to just frustrate people to the point of retreat?

As a shareholder in Telstra I have very real concerns about the future of my investment when I see customer service like I always seem to experience with Telstra & its getting worst and worst expecially over the last 5 years, sure the call starts nice enough and you can speak, then once they realise you are not going to accept their explanation and start hitting them with questions that disprove the the tigns they are saying they start cutting you off, talk over you, dont answer your questions, dont follow your instructions about passing you to someone who knows better.  then gets rude and the more they try and treat me like a fool the more disrespect I have. Things need to change there in a huge way and maybe it's not even rally their fault and this is how they have to be to stay employed there?, maybe it all comes down to how they are being trained to not acknowledge Telstra is EVER at fault no matter what the long term effects are? Who knows? all I know is every call I make to Telstra every year it's getting harder and harder to get through and harder and harder to get simple things resolved without it going to War, I am sure anyone would agree, there is only so much any person can take.     

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi Snipper2015,

I apologise that this has been the cause of major concern for you. That's not good at all. 

I have contacted the complaints management team asking for them to look at case 'SR 1-818226318834' & have someone contact you. These are normally actioned within 3-5 days of placing a complaint.

Angela 

DOWNSV

I too have been and am contuniomg to be billed for a Ig8 service that I did not request and have tried to stop.  $6.60 charge has appeared on my account 8 times in the last 12 months.  I have requested that it stop a couple of times and I have neen told it has been stopped and that I will ge a cheque.  I have never received the cheque, and the charge only stops for a month or so.

I cannot wait long enough for a person to speak to me on their 1300 number.  Is there any other way to contact Ig8?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi DOWNSV.

I can appreciate your frustration with the ongoing issues that you have had with stopping your subscription to Ig8.  I wasn't able to find any contact details however if you have received a text message from them, you can enter the details in here http://www.19sms.com.au/ and it may possibly have other contact details for the company. 

Also, if you have already done so, you can bar future premium SMS subscriptions on your service by completing this form https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Premium-SMS-barring or contacting our Live Chat team http://tel.st/hsc3. Please note that this doesn't stop current subscriptions so you'll still need to contact Ig8.

- Tim 

Wallace2
Level 1: Cadet

I too noticed today a $5.00 third party charge on my bill.

I have read everything here on CrowdSupport plus heaps of others when I googled IG8.

I have just had a 14 minute (quite shocked as normally I waste hours) phone call to Telstra and my $5.00 has been removed. 

BUT when I said 'why does Telstra allow this Scam to happen?', He replied 'Telstra is just the middle man' to which I replied 'That means Telstra can stop it from happening, do you realise how many people are being charged for third party items that they haven't approved of?' To which he replied 'We can remove your $5.00 charge'. 

I asked him to send a complaint higher up regarding these third party charges. He told me he has sent an escalated complaint to management and confirmed my mobile number. Not sure if anything will happen, I will keep you posted if it does. 

AnnoyedZC

I too today spent an annoying time on Telstra's 24x7 chat with an operator who was convinced I subscribed to this and to my frustration, along with my other incorrect billing issues, was told if I wasn't happy to contact 132200 and then rudely, the said operator, kept asking me if I was still there and that I will be automatically disconnected in 5 minutes if I don't respond. Must have been the end of her shift, she disconnected me in one second.  If I was a vindictive person, I would be more than happy to name and shame this person on this forum. Shame on you Telstra!

NaomiPerth

And I'm on the phone to Telstra (43 minutes so far) as I happened to check my account today and noticed a third party charge fom Ig8 Pty Ltd.  I currently have been told that I definitely subscribed to this service and there is nothing anyone can do.  I am a well seasoned business person and can sniff a scam at fifty paces.  To be told I sent a text to a 19 number is an insult to my intelligence.  I received a 19 message this month but did not reply, and was upset that my number had been given out.  I googled the number, which came up as "Nigerian Scam".  Now the Telstra genius has me on hold to the third party and apparently they want to listen in and see what Ig8 can resolve.  This is disgusting service and exactly why I am leaving Telstra.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now