apitman4
Level 1: Cadet

Being charged for netflix and dont have a account

Hi does anyone know how to cancel a Netflix subscription when you do not have account with them. Have just started to be randomly charged $13.99 for a Netflix subscription to my bigpond address that Telstra created. I have spoken to them and they said I have to take it up with Netflix as they cant do anything? I have rang Netflix and they said there is no Netflix account under the email address in question????

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Being charged for netflix and dont have a account

Are you sure you didn't create an account through https://www.my.telstra.com.au or the Telstra 24/7 app and claim Netflix via the "My Offers" tab?

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
Level 25: The Singularity

@Ozmoz, it would still show up as a subscription within Netflix's system against the email address.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
apitman4

No not that Im aware of- but if I had wouldn't Netflix be able to cancel it for me? I have rang them and there is no account under my email address?
apitman4

That's what I thought too - I have rang Netflix and tried cancelling it online under the email address but it is not recognising it. Im unsure what to do and have just received my new bill and it is showing on it again

It's going to be one of those things that a regular Telstra Consultant can't fix. You will need to lodge it as a formal complaint via https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

@apitman4 wrote:
No not that Im aware of- but if I had wouldn't Netflix be able to cancel it for me? I have rang them and there is no account under my email address?

@apitman4 When you find out how it happened pop back if you can and let us know. 

It's very strange indeed.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
son11

Having the same problem since April and still getting dinged for it. I managed to get them to credit these charges for Apr/May/Jun and now having to ask for same for July bill and no doubt will charged again for August after asking them to stop this charge as they confirmed I never requested this service. Effing joke trying to deal with these idiots!!!!!!!!!!!

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now