CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Being seriously overcharged in my bills

I was recently on the $49 Next G BYO plan. Last bill I was charged $150 though. After a long time on the phone, I was told that the amount of included credit I'd used shown in My Account on the Telstra website was incorrect and I'd have my bill adjusted to a lower amount. I was then transferred to yet another operator whose English I couldn't understand and who had no knowledge of my problems, despite the reassureance from the pervious operator that the next person had been brought up to speed.

Anyway that's irrelevant, not to do with my problem today. Today I actually got a $50 credit on my upcoming bill to make up for that.

Yesterday I upgraded my plan on the Telstra online shop to the $59 Freedom Connect BYO plan with unlimited national SMS messages. Called up today, I was told my new plan was "Pending", so the operator stopped it and re-did things, making it active as of today. After that call, My Account showed I was on the $59 Freedom Connect plan. Yet dialling #100# on my phone showed that I was still on the $49 Next G plan.

Called again at 4:54PM to check when the new plan too effect. I understand that as I had changed plans in the middle of the billing cycle, I had overrun my old $400/month limit by a bit, but that's OK. The operator also confirmed to me that the unlimited texts had now taken effect. He confirmed this to me.

Yet, messages are still showing up in my Account $0.25 right now. The latest so far read from ~$8:30PM. My amount spent in #100# is still going up and showing the $49 next G plan.

If I am indeed being billed for these messages, it means that the operator has made a mistake and told me the wrong thing which has led to me being charged far too much money.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Being seriously overcharged in my bills

Ztemedse: unfortunately the different systems can take a few hours or sometimes business days to update account changes. The telephone operators should have most up to date details.
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

plan changes are also pro-rata to match up with your billing date so don't be surprised if your bill looks a bit odd the first month, from then on though you will see normal bills in line with your new plan inclusions

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Its been 7 month , my internet bill which is at a 80 $ per month with 200 GB . The usage was coming at 500 gb download and 250 gb upload . I had to call each month eplaing the whole story to get the credit , I did this for atleast 7 months in 12 month I was with Teslra . I twas just horrible !!!

Cheers

Max

Highlighted

Its been 7 month , my internet bill which is at a 80 $ per month with 200 GB . The usage was coming at 500 gb download and 250 gb upload . I had to call each month eplaing the whole story to get the credit , I did this for atleast 7 months in 12 month I was with Teslra . I twas just horrible !!!

Cheers

Max

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Max,

Are you saying you're receiving data charges for a BigPond internet service? Because if you are then that sounds like a very outdated plan. Please explain in more detail if I've misunderstood.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I am with Telstra Business direct , I paid $80 and I have a download limit of 200 Gb . might not be linked to my residential account , I use it for my business.

Cheers

Max

Graphic Designer

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Max

The Business Direct account is unlikely to be in My Account with your residential services, as they do use different platforms. Is there an issue with your internet billing? Or are you concerned about the amount of data you are getting? I'm a little confused by your statement, but more than happy to help where I can if you can clarify Smiley Happy

Sam 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit