Highlighted
FC23
Level 1: Cadet

Bill Notifications

Answered

I want my Bills to go to a Gmail account. I receive them ok on a 'live' .com account but when I change that to a Gmail account I get no verification or bill notifications. I've been thru Chat but no help at all?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Bill Notifications

Hi FC23,

You are able to update you email address online via the following secure page https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/updateEmail

Get back to me if you need further assistance.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Can I ask if you've tried any other email or gmail address? 

I know there is no widespread ban on using a gmail address so I too am stumped to why it's not working.  It's not possible that gmail has filed them away, I know I've found missing stuff in the spam folder & under promotions & social.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi FC23,

You are able to update you email address online via the following secure page https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/updateEmail

Get back to me if you need further assistance.

Angela 

FC23

Hi Angela,
This is not the problem. Please reread original post. Bill notifications will not go to a Gmail account! I know how to change the email address online but once its Gmail no verification or monthly bill is received. When I go back to a xxxx.live.com it works? Why?
FC23

This is not the problem. Please reread original post. Bill notifications will not go to a Gmail account! I know how to change the email address online but once its Gmail no verification or monthly bill is received. When I go back to a xxxx.live.com it works? Why?
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the extra clarification, sorry I didn't understand at fist, this is an odd situation.

I'm wondering if your gmail account has a special character in it that's acceptable toe gmail but not us. Do you think this could be the case (Please don't share your email here for privacy reasons) 

Angela  

FC23

No special characters. Just 6 lower case letters and 2 numbers?
Bill notifications received via Gmail ok up until 21 June 2018 posting for over a year. None via Gmail since?
Frank
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Can I ask if you've tried any other email or gmail address? 

I know there is no widespread ban on using a gmail address so I too am stumped to why it's not working.  It's not possible that gmail has filed them away, I know I've found missing stuff in the spam folder & under promotions & social.

Angela 

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now