CrowdSupport®
quize
Level 2: Rookie

Billing Department in the habit of lying to the customer!

I've had my connection for a little over 6 months now, and I honestly regret getting it. Bigpond/Telstra have incorrectly billed me on 5 of the 6 bills I have recieved. I have to call and explain this many times for each one, meaning 3+ hours on the phone for each bill. To further add salt to the wounds they also seem to screw that up aswell.

Now last months bill has come in incorrect and surpirse its incorrect. I call and get serveral people who want to talk to me like I have the IQ of a small child. I finally get through to someone who then informs me that the bill is inccorrect as the promised credit werent applied yet (21 days and they still havent apoplied the credit? what the hell?). however  am told that the bill amount should be $34.11. Fine call done after taking the persons D number and a referance for the call. Not 10 minutes later I get another call from the same person now claiming that the bill amount is correct. After another lengthy converstation and after I inform the caller that I will be takign this up with the TIO now its the $34.11 again!

Is this the new policy for telstra/bigpond to lie to the customers, and drive them to the point of mental exaustion, and until they just give in to the cheap underhanded tactics used on their customers?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Billing Department in the habit of lying to the customer!

I work in one of the Billing/Customer Service Teams. I can assure you we don't have a "Habit of Lying" to our customers, nor is it a policy of the company to lie to our customers.

I've rarely seen issues where the system is intentionally billing customers incorrectly (I think in 4 years of dealing with billing issues for customers, I've lodged about 2-3 faults where the billing system is incorrect and we haven't already known about it). Usually, the issue relates to a combination of human error (on Telstra's behalf in how the charges have been applied, On the customer's behalf in not understanding how the bill is laid out, or a miscommunication between Telstra Reps and the Customer on the plans or pricing of the product.

Perhaps it might be a good idea to speak to our Online Teams. They can be contacted via email, Facebook, Twitter, or via the Customer Service Link on the front of the Page: http://tinyurl.com/24x7-service 

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

quize
Level 2: Rookie

Whilst that might be the case, I can assure you that I understand the bill, and how it is worked out. This is something I go to great lengths to understand completely. However whilst you might take the time, most don't. Infact just now I have spoke with a member of the customer service team and my conntection is suddenly disconnected (real pain whenyour on a VOIP phone). It does come back only to now be told I am slowed... How very convient.

This isnt a swipe at you Ben. However alot of people I have spoken with about this do not have you attitiude when dealing with customers. I am currently completely regretting my choice to get telstra bigpond cable internet.

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Odd. Most of the customer service people I speak with are dedicated to helping the customer. I'm sorry this hasn't been the case for you.

Perhaps it might be an idea to PM one of our fabulous moderators to see what they can do to fix the issue permanently.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

sonica
Level 1: Cadet

I can completely sympathise with this.

Since I upgraded and got a new plan and phone with Telstra, I am yet to have a single correct bill. I have spoken to as many as 5 different people, from both the people I call up, as well as online chat support, as well as the customer service area. Everyone I speak to has been really helpful, and seem to fix the problem. Yet the following bill is still a mess.

In regards to what Ben said about reading bills, I do admit I find the layout and way the bill is done a bit all over the shop, but I try my hardest to understand it properly. 2 of the people I spoke to found themselves having no idea why different figure were showing and were very obviously having problems understanding the way the bill was laid out - and they work for the company!

Tonight I have been brought to tears. After the final time (I thought) I would spend an hour with someone on the phone sorting out my bills, they seemed to answer everything for me, and sort it out, and fix everything up, and charge me the right amount, a week later I was charged the credit that was not applied to my account over 3 months ago. I am in a hard financial position so to be deducted $114 that i neither owed, nor informed about, nor could afford, is devestating.

I moved to Telstra for better network and service, and happy to pay a bit more than the other mobile companies for that, but this has caused me so much stress, not to mention time, and now very obviously money, I almost prefer I was without a phone.

Hopefully someone will call me over my newest complaint in the next few days and either sort the problem out once and for all, or cancel my contract with no charges (and a refund on the amount that has been deducted)

Support Team
Support Team

Hi quize and sonica, sorry to hear about the ongoing problems with the bills you've been receiving. I'll be in touch shortly via private message to see what can be done to help further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now