Algar
Level 1: Cadet

Billing Dispute

Since the beginning of this year I have been trying to resolve a dispute with Telstra. Stupid me. I have been assured every single time I contact Telstra that someone will contact me within 24-48 hours yet to this day not a single attempt by Telstra (or my mythical case manager) to contact me. Not by phone, not by email, not Facebook, text or carrier pigeon.

Seriously, how bloody stupid or useless is Telstra?

I refuse to pay anything outstanding on my bill prior to my May bill. I have tried numerous times, I have even taken screenshots of the chat sessions so that when I contact a solicitor I have proof that Telstra have made zero attempts to contact me to resolve this dispute. I have also visited a Telstra shop, showed them the notice of termination of services I've received within hours after receiving notification that a case manger would be contacting me to resolve this issue yet to date this has NEVER happened despite my attempts to settle this.

I am now fed up with Telstra and will only pay month by month until I change to a professional provider. Once I have moved my accounts you can try all you like to get the outstanding monies however given the vast amount of screen shots, texts etc I have trying to resolve this I'd suggest not a court in the land will support Telstra when they are clearly in breach of the contract I've signed.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Billing Dispute

If the Telstra complaints dept has not resolved the problem, then your next step is to lodge a complaint with the Telecommunications Ombudsman at www.tio.com.au
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now