Highlighted
Jan_FJ
Level 1: Cadet

Billing Enquiry

I signed up for broadband plan in December of last year and received bills that were coming to me with $0.00. After the 3rd bill i got in touch with a support staff via chat to check my account. This support staff had a look and said he would need to contact Accounts to have the my account fixed. After this was done, he told me because it was a system glitch, he will have to waiver the 2 previous bills and the new bill that i get will be show the correct amount and not $0.00 and i will only be charged $89.

So 2 days ago, i get the bill and its $373.00.

I contacted chat last night, only to be told that there has been no notes left on my account from the person i spoke to. I asked if i can be sent a transcript of the conversation with the first agent and was told they don't have it.

I just want to know why i never received that transcript when i had the chat with 1st agent at the end of the conversation when i entered my email for it to be sent to me. Secondly, why doesn't Telstra have a copy of that conversation? Also when i go to dispute to click online form, why is there a option "Promised credit by agent/Telstra". Seems like this happens often and agents shouldn't be saying things in chat that they not going to do or allowed to do as this just makes people more frustrated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Billing Enquiry

Hi Jan_FJ,

I am sorry there's been a mess around with your bills, I can see how you'd be feeling let down right now.

It's been a while since I've worked in the chat area so I can't say what went wrong with the copy of your chat, although I would double check your spam folder just in case. I'm also not sure who can access old chat transcripts. 

I can tell you that even if a consultant doesn't make notes in regards to the conversation you've had, the system will automatically note that this person was in your account.  

If you could tell me which online form you are filling out I can look into that further. 

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jan_FJ
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Angela,

Thank you for looking into this.

Firstly i will say that i do not have any issues with paying the bill as i have used the service.

My issue is that when i chat with support i believe person was name Cris, they told me those previous bills would be waivered after the glitch on my account was corrected as it wasn't my fault. I do remember him also trying his best to get me onto a contract mobile plan as well as i'm currently on pre-paid with Telstra, i said i'd think about it to which he offered a Samsung Tab for free as it was some new promotion.

I have contacted the support team on maybe 5-8 times and of those times, after i've filled the survey and put my email, i can only find 3 chat conversations got sent to me in my Junk mail folder.

Anyway below are screenshots of my bills and the form i was trying to fill but that takes me to a chat again.

Bills.jpgform.jpgrecent.jpg

Support Team
Support Team

Morning Jan_FJ,

Thanks for the extra info & well done in regards to blanking out all of your personal info, its what we recommend to protect your privacy. 

I need to clarify upfront that I don't have access to your account via this third party unsecured medium, I can certainly interpret what you have shown me though.

If the bill number on the bill with the total of $0 to pay & the one saying new charges $353.13 are the same it's possible what you're looking at is a bill that shows the charges for the period, but also a credit to cover that charge. If you are not sure, check your current account balance online here  https://tel.st/rybwt

If your account balance is this large amount & no credits have been placed like promised you can fill in that form, the drop down I would assume includes the most frequently asked questions. Credit can be tricky to read on bills so it is an enquiry that does come up, you can normally find them in a section marked 'other charges & credits'

Keep me in the loop.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now